Community Forum

no tv or internet

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

no tv or internet

Live in West Chester PA, and have had no service all day. What is the deal? Friends with Verizon had no service outage at all.
New Poster

CABLE TV SERVICE

Cable TV service for the Upper Marlboro area of Prince Georges County, Maryland is down.  Do we have an ETA on these services being restored.

New Poster

outage in Balto Co, MD

After an hour-long hold and a message through my mobile account that there are no service outages reported in my area, I'm reporting one. No internet, no TV. Please advise. There are no lines down here.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: outage in Balto Co, MD

Do you have power?

Also this is a customer to customer help forum with limited monitoring by Comcast employees especially a local office so they will not see your outage report.

This link has some information on the storm and Comcast's plans

http://www.comcast.com/hurricaneseason/

Silver Problem Solver

Re: CABLE TV SERVICE

Sorry, this is a customer to customer help forum and the volunteers here wouldn't have that kind of information.

New Poster

Cable out in Harford county- 21013

I have tried to call comcast but wait so long I signed up for call return. 4 hours later no return. How do I ensure they have my service down for repair? Anyone else in this area out? I have been out since last night at 9!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Cable out in Harford county- 21013

Comcast is overloaded with calls due to Hurricane Irene.

And yes there are others in Hartford County without Comcast service.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/No-cable-in-21040-Irene/td-p/1037855

They should already know what areas are without service.

Your county was in the path of Irene.

WHEN they repair the lines depends on several factors.

Is it knocked out at a place where the power also got knocked out? The power company will have to restore power first.

Are there trees down in the area where Comcast and the power company need to be? Depending on the size of the trees they will have to be removed enough so crews can get in to work. There may be trees down in the road that have to be cleared away first.

There could be damage to a headend or distribution hub. These will have to be repaired or replaced before service is restored.

Q: Why did I lose my TV, Internet and Voice services and still have power? (if you still have power)
A: While Comcast’s facilities are generally located on the same poles as electric companies, the utilities are often fed from a different power source than the cable. There are different “distribution” points along the way. If one of these distribution points does not have commercial power, your cable will not work. See How Cable Works for more details.

When To Contact Us

After a storm, our broadband network will alert us to the areas affected by a system outage. However, there are times when you will need to report service interruptions.

Please see the chart below for examples.

(click the following link for the chart)

New Poster

Cable outage

Is there a cable outage in Woodbridge, nj?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Cable outage

If you were in the path of Hurricane Irene, then there probably is an outage.

After a storm, our broadband network will alert us to the areas affected by a system outage. However, there are times when you will need to report service interruptions.

Please see the chart below for examples.

(click the link below for the chart)

If you were NOT in the path of Irene and call Comcast their phone lines are overloaded. You may be told that there is a long wait time, call again later. If you do get through the wait time is very long.

New Poster

Zipcode 01890

Is there an up date for the Winchester area?
We've had worst weather than this and service has always been grade A+.
what's different this time?

Moderm lifhts up completely then it goes into only 2 lights as if attempting to re-stablish connection.
New Poster

I have no cable or Internet since last night at around 3am - also located in woodbridge
New Poster

we are in north arlington and we have no service either. any ideas comcast on when it will be back
New Poster

Re: no tv or internet

Same here. No service in east Brunswick. ComcAst - are you resolving this!?!?
New Poster

No cable tv connection since last night in West Orange (before the storm hit), and my FIOS friends are bragging they have no service interuption. Just went through customer service..ready to pull my hair out.

Regular Contributor

Re: Random Freezing/service interruption

From Philly, cable has been out since this morning (hurricane Irene) people with Fios next door have no problem. cannot get thru to a service rep, they literally will not pick up the phone. Comcast is a JOKE!  We knew this storm was coming for a week and no extra help, no nothing. There is nobody to call for help. Comcase STINKS! Hello Verizon Fios

Regular Contributor

Media here. cable has been out all day. Cannot get customer service on the phone, they literally will not pick up the phone. Lady upstairs has Fios and it is working fine. Comcast is a JOKE!. Knew for the weeks that this storm was coming, think they would get any extra help? Guess not. You cannot get customer service on the phone, all you get is the recordings unless you want to sit on hold for a couple hours. Comcast STINKS. Hello FIOS

New Poster

no tv or internet in fanwood either my verizon friends are all fine. What's up Comcast????

New Poster

I'm in Westtown/West Chester using Sprint wireless card to send this message...no Comcast TV or Internet...all our Verizon Fios friends didn't miss a beat. Spoke to Comcast customer service today...said they thought it should be fixed sometime today...all service techs are working on it. We'll see.

It could be time to switch... 

Al

Gold Problem Solver

Did you see the article from Comcast?  LINK

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Is there anytime frame for cable service restoration in Connecticut?

I am a customer in the Seymour service area. Is there any estimated resolution time frame for my cable/internet/phone outage?