Community Forum

no 3d content on xbox xfinity app

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

no 3d content on xbox xfinity app

Since I have a cablecard and own my own cablemodem, I have been waiting some time for the release of the the new xfinity xbox app to  give me some VOD choices.  I have access to an iPad, and have seen what is available through that venue and can confirm that it is not the same VOD library.

My question/comment is this:  Why is 3D titles availble when searching xfinity on the xbox, but when selecting and playing them, it results in SD content?

Why is there a seperate library of content available between an actual set top box, an ipad with the xfinity tv app, and the xbox app?

Is there any hope of getting actual 3d content on the xbox app?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/search?query=3d&resources=vod&persona=1&dacid=179%7C21 show 14 3D shows/movies available at this point,  the iPad shows 29 shows/movies that are free, and another 20 that are pay versions, giving a total of 49 3D options available on the set top box.  While I understand the xbox app doesn't have the mechanism for doing "pay per view" or purchases, why are the 29 free not available?For reference, the xbox app shows only 2 3D shows as available, but both play in SD.

thanks,

James

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: no 3d content on xbox xfinity app

reachjamesp wrote:

Since I have a cablecard and own my own cablemodem, I have been waiting some time for the release of the the new xfinity xbox app to  give me some VOD choices.  I have access to an iPad, and have seen what is available through that venue and can confirm that it is not the same VOD library.

My question/comment is this:  Why is 3D titles availble when searching xfinity on the xbox, but when selecting and playing them, it results in SD content?

Why is there a seperate library of content available between an actual set top box, an ipad with the xfinity tv app, and the xbox app?

Is there any hope of getting actual 3d content on the xbox app?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/search?query=3d&resources=vod&persona=1&dacid=179%7C21 show 14 3D shows/movies available at this point,  the iPad shows 29 shows/movies that are free, and another 20 that are pay versions, giving a total of 49 3D options available on the set top box.  While I understand the xbox app doesn't have the mechanism for doing "pay per view" or purchases, why are the 29 free not available?For reference, the xbox app shows only 2 3D shows as available, but both play in SD.

thanks,

James

Why is 3D titles availble when searching xfinity on the xbox, but when selecting and playing them, it results in SD content?

I am sorry but 3D content is not compatible with the Xbox 360 App. I will pass this along to our product team to consider for a future release.

The content online is pretty much the same conent as on the set-top box. Some content we are allowed to show online that the content owners don't allow yet On Demand and vice versa. Our content team is always trying to obtain more content to add.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

This is a complaint I have too.  I have my own TiVos so I can't access OnDemand and the 3D content on the 3D channel is just the same stuff over and over.  It would be great if the XBox app could access all the 3D OnDemand titles that I would normally be able to access via OnDemand for the channels I subscribe to. I don't understand the statement that the 3D is incompatible with the XBOX--it's just an image like everything else that's non 3d--except that it's side by side formatted, which the TV would then convert to the 3d picture.

New Poster

Here is a question for the Comcast/Xfinity app developers... Now that the XBox One has been revealed, will 3d content be available to it?  It is supposed to have the windows 8 kernel behind it...

If not, it still can't be called a set-top box replacement... (I made the switch to cablecard to get away from renting boxes...)