Community Forum

my xid boxes will not connect.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

my xid boxes will not connect.

my xid boxes will not connect. it's not the coax or hdmi as the primary box works everywhere i plug it in. the online tech couldnt get it to work....said someone will call me back within 24 hours

Official Employee

Re: my xid boxes will not connect.

Can you give background on your interior cable, amps, splitters etc?
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

one modem, one router, one internal splitter.  one main x1 box and two xid boxes.  the main box works, xid boxes will not connect.  says 03033 error and rke 10000 error

New Poster

can anyone assist?  im about to toss all my xfinity products out the window

Official Employee

Something in your house is keeping the Xids from communicating with your XG2. Are you 100% sure your XG2 worked and got live tv at the other 2 spots? What kind of splitter?
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

yes, my husband is watching the main box in his media room now.  it was in the family room originally.  our neighborhood's cable service was upgraded in december and since them many things have stopped working for us.  the new modem has caused problems with our security cameras online.  do these boxes use the internet to talk to each other?  the main cable goes to the splitter, then it splits for internet and cable.

New Poster

what types of things can cause the intereference with the boxes talking to each other?

Official Employee

The internet has nothing to do with your boxes communicating, again what type of splitter? Again something in your house or the main box isn’t passing Moca. Moca is how the boxes communicate

New Poster

Extreme Broadband Engineering Infinity Premise Power Inserter Module Model IPPIM 

Official Employee

Do you have a different splitter to use bypassing what you posted? I’d go with what you have isn’t passing Moca, that’s why the main box and modem work and the Xids don’t.

New Poster

you're saying to use a different kind of splitter?

Official Employee

Yes, something besides what you’re using now. It’s part of troubleshooting, right now, your splitter is the common denominator through which everything is connected.

New Poster

no, i dont. and since i know nothing about this stuff, it's become too complicated for a regular person to understand.   perhaps i should just forget about X1 and go back to the old legacy boxes.  thanks for your input.  nothing is simple anymore.

Official Employee

If you want help getting a tech out let us know. What worked for the legacy boxes won’t always work for the X1 platform

New Poster

im going to return all this x1 equipment and go back to the legacy boxes.  i've only had the main one two weeks and picked up the other two today.  after i get those back, i'll get a tech out to address the ongoing outdoor signal issues that we have that they have so far dropped the ball on getting fixed for over two months now, since the 'upgrade' in our area which has only caused us anger and loss of service over the past two months.  they keep telling me an outdoor crew will come out and i dont have to be home, then they come, ring the bell, get back in their truck and leave without checking anything outside.  i had a tech come in the third week of december to verify that everything in my house was as it should be.  he said the problem was a little connector outside and he changed that, then told me he sent activation signals and i should have a picture in two hours.  the thing is, some days we have beautiful pictures on all channels and then around 4 minutes to five pm, they pixelate and go away.  ( i started tracking when we were losing signals when i was off work a few weeks ago) or one saturday, we had beautiful pictures all day long which lasted through sunday evening, then they went away.  odd that during the week it happens around the same time daily.  but why the crews come out and not test the outdoor signals and equipments is beyond my imagination and horrible customer service.  it's all documented on my account, they should be reading what the reason they were sent out is......and follow through.  

Official Employee

Hi ngrand, I can assist you with getting a tech out to look into your signal issues. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" when you're ready. 

New Poster

Would I have to be home or can you get someone out to check the outdoor cables and signals?