Community Forum

my tv remote app worked before, now it does not show my boxes as existing

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

my tv remote app worked before, now it does not show my boxes as existing

I was able to change channels or start a recording from my TV remote app, now it shows that I have no boxes

Regular Visitor

Re: my tv remote app worked before, now it does not show my boxes as existing

DITTO! Richmond, Virginia is having the same issue

New Poster

Same problem
New Poster

Same problem.
New Poster

Same here! I was able to record from my phone app and now it says "unable to find any cable boxes eligible for TV control" my recordings in my Xfinity TV app are old. I've tried resetting and reinstalling apps........
Regular Visitor

XFinity apparently has major ongoing APP issues but absolutely NO customer communication skills! 

The ability to change the program from my PC came back for a day or two this past weekend BUT, it is gone again and the XFinity TV Guide/listings page says that my PC has the "wrong time!"  

(FYI) My PC is synced for US-EST with the Navel Observitory. 

Wonder if Comcast is syncing their servers and/or out-sourcing their APP development and maintenance to India??? 

Contributor

Same issue here. It is totally ridiculous for this to be broken like this for weeks at a time!

New Poster

So fed up with Comcast.  My rev remote app stopped working. So many phone calls to customer support but no help.  Finally said they were escalating my problem and someone would call me back.  One week later still no call.  So here I am in the phone again.  One hour so far.  Been transferred five times already and each one is worse than the one before.  Any suggestions.  What is frustrating is that this initially happened a month ago, was escalated and fixed. Worked for a week, but when I call back and say check your notes to see what the technician did, no notes.