Community Forum

list of current logged in users

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

list of current logged in users

today I called Xfinity and spoke to a supervisor, a woman, with a spanish accent who hung up on me, and had my phone number and did not even call me back after working on my account for 45 plus minutes.

we need help with a situation.

1. my daughter is currently using a xfinity account on her ipad from a former boyfriend who has since her use, changed his password. Because she has tried to log on other dvices of hers with his log in info. Even though he changed his password, she is still logged in to his xfinity account because xfinity will not reset on an ipad until she logs off his account. If she were to try to get back in, it wont let her.

Since she is able to be doing this....

we know NOW THAT a ipad mini that my daughter allowed a former friend to use, she forgot to log him out of our Xfinity plan on his mobile device, an ipad mini. They do not communicate on a respected level anymore and he will not manually log out as a cortousy from our family account. THEREFORE....EVEN THOUGH WE CHANGED THE PASSWORD THIS BOY IS ABLE TO USE OUR ACCOUNT.

HE WOULD NEED TO BE MANUALLY SIGNED OUT. in order to not be permitted to reenter.

WE WERE TOLD BY A SUPERVISOR TODAY that we would be able to manually view all the IP devices logged in to our XFINITY account and remove or update. We have 5 people in our family and each of us have about 4 each of devices that may be logged to this service. Not sure. I need to KNOW HOW TO SEE ALL THE DEVICES AND IP'S connected. what is the link who can help?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: list of current logged in users

Go to xfinitytv.com, click the gear in the bottom right, then manage my devices in the middle of the page. You need to be signed in to see the gear icon.
Frequent Visitor

thanks for responding John

we are logging on what is actually not xfinity.com but xfinitytv.comcast.net

that is the authentic site

when we scroll tot he bottom as you say we see lists on the bottom the list on the right

XFINITY SUPPORT

in this list we do not see anywhere that says "GEAR"

please HELP

thanks

Silver Problem Solver

The gear icon is stuck to the bottom of your screen, not the page, so you don't scroll down. Again though, you need to be already signed in with your email/pw to see it.
Frequent Visitor

so are you saying SCREEN as in TELEVISION SET?

I cant be doing this from a desktop computer??? we are logged in too! on a desktop computer

thanks

Frequent Visitor

can you send me a screen shot or video

Silver Problem Solver

I am talking about computer screens. Sorry I don't have a screenshot. But the gear is always in the same place regardless of how far down you scroll as it's "pinned" to the bottom on the web browser. The bottom of the screen has a black bar DVR | WATCHLIST | HISTORY | cable box name | gear icon
Frequent Visitor

We are using an iPad now to see if the view is different

We are on xfinity
Logged in
There is a long bar on LEFT side of screen traveling downward
Email
Voice and text
Home security and control
DVD manager
Xfinity on demand
Tv listings
Watch list
Comcast guard

The top of the screen across reads:
Shop/upgrade - my account- support- tv- email-

Where do we click there is NOOoooooo GEAR!!!
Frequent Visitor

Do I have to be at home where the initial internet xfinity connection is because I am doing this from my office where I do not have cfinity we are all CRAZY here looking for that link PLeASE guide us through another step!!!!! Or give us a direct link!!!! Please thank yoh
Silver Problem Solver

Not really sure why you have such a hard time seeing the gear icon. But it appears you can also go to help and support, search for manage streaming devices, and there's another link about half way down the page.
Silver Problem Solver

pedidocniv wrote:
Do I have to be at home where the initial internet xfinity connection is because I am doing this from my office where I do not have cfinity we are all CRAZY here looking for that link PLeASE guide us through another step!!!!! Or give us a direct link!!!! Please thank yoh
No, I'm at work too and can see the gear just fine.
Frequent Visitor

We got it
But not the way you said
We searched thru forums

Http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings#

Manage my devices

Http://device.comcast.net/devices

Thanks for all your help anywaySmiley Happy
Silver Problem Solver

Yeah the first link is the first page you would get after clicking the gear icon
Frequent Visitor

Hi John-

we finally see that bottom of the screen thing you were talking about! i dont know if we missed it on other pages.

my daughter deleted all the devices so we could test out if the devices of my other family members would now need to re authenticate and THE XFINITY automatically loaded and put them in and WE have changed the password to one they do not know! 

What do we do now????

thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Maybe max out the number of devices that you are allowed to use so no more can be authorized? Activate all possible devices that you do have, even if you don't intend to use them for streaming, just to max out your device count. That's all I can think of for that though, sorry.
Frequent Visitor

how many devices are allowed

Frequent Visitor

theres three diff sections where devices can be

Frequent Visitor

so if theres two users its doubled in each category?

Contributor

You could always disable the user in question by signing in with the primary user ID & disabling that email. It's a last resort but can be done. After doing so you could delete it & create a new email for your daughter to use. You can access this by going first to http://customer.comcast.com

Then click "Sign In" (if you're not logged in already) > verify password if needed > click "Users and Preferences" near the top. Once here, look in the list going across for the account name in question, click on it & once it loads, below you'll see several options under "Username", you'll want "Delete of suspend user".

And for the record, here's the gear icon.

xfinitytv-com.png