Community Forum

is closed captioning available for iPad?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

is closed captioning available for iPad?

Seems it would be nice to have.  Especially for hearing impaired people like me.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: is closed captioning available for iPad?

joejinx wrote:

Seems it would be nice to have.  Especially for hearing impaired people like me.

Our product team is constantly working on improving the Xfinity TV App to make the best experience possible. Thanks for your suggestion; we'll consider your idea for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Please work quickly to enable closed caption on the xfinity app.it's the only way I get to enjoy the escape of television. Thank you!
New Poster

Closed captions are a huge need for many Xfinity clients. Please share with your team the need for it.

Contributor

Please advise if this will happen before September 30th.  After that date, all shows which air on TV MUST have a closed caption option when viewed online.  THIS IS THE LAW.

New Poster

I don't see any improvement on CC  anyone?

New Poster

Any luck? Been waiting for it since iPad came out. 

Official Employee

Astrosrob wrote:

Any luck? Been waiting for it since iPad came out. 

Some videos do offer closed captioning and we are still working with all other networks to get CC added to more videos.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

Oh I didn't know that. Where can I find some videos with closed captioning?

Official Employee

Astrosrob wrote:

Oh I didn't know that. Where can I find some videos with closed captioning?

Networks that offer closed captioning on the XFINITY TV App:

Cinemax

HBO

MoviePlex

Starz

Streampix

A & E

Adult Swim

CNN

Cartoon network

All Disney networks

TBS

TNT

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

has anyone had a chance to try this?  I am getting my partner an IPAD for christmas and a friend of mine told me about this app.  She is deaf so it would need to be captioned in order for her to be able to watch it.  Hopefully Xfinity is able to do this.  Please understand that the reason some get frustrated is because it has been a constant battle since streaming came around.  Excuses, and a legal battle have ensued making sure that equal access was given. 

I appreciate you coming back to this thread to provide an update...it is appreciated.  I really do hope it works...that would be great!

New Poster

Yes there is CC download xfinity player app.  It is great they got CC on app. But there is one problem   The CC display as Subtitle. They are white and small font. I find this can be hard for many of us to read it.  It would be nice to have black background box transparent around the font. give user custom font size or bold etc  that would be helpful. Right now it is hard read it.  Good start for them. 

New Poster

I'm trying to watch HBO content mostly, how does one turn on the CC?

Using ipad2, ios5, and captions are enabled in the iPad settings.... Still no captions on films that I can find, all from HBO.
Frequent Visitor

For HBO, in HBO GO app CC is readily set in the play box.
Frequent Visitor

Please.
Contributor

Do you have an updated list of networks that support CC in the app?  And for the ones that do not, are they aware it has been illegal to not provide CC for many months now?  And do they at least offer it on the web xfinitytv.comcast.net?  If they do neither do I file my complaint with the FCC against Comcast or against the network or both?