Community Forum

interface less user friendly

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

interface less user friendly

It used to be possible, with the interface on my x1 to click on a program in For You or in Just Recorded and see information about that particular episode. That info no longer comes up, at least on a regular basis. It does occasionally but it used to be available all the time. What happened?

Also, it is extremely difficult and complicated to permanently delete a show from your recording schedule. It can be done but again only occasionally and with difficulty. Why isn't it easier?

Lastly, it should be possible to specify the channel you want to record a program being broadcast on several channels and in old and new versions on but it isn't so you get, for instance, season 12 episodes of Law and Order in/of the older original ones. Or you only get the new Hawaii 50 in/of the old show. It should be easier to specify exactly which show on which channel you want. Why isn't it?

Expert

Re: interface less user friendly

missingtivo3 wrote:

It used to be possible, with the interface on my x1 to click on a program in For You or in Just Recorded and see information about that particular episode. That info no longer comes up, at least on a regular basis. It does occasionally but it used to be available all the time. What happened?

Also, it is extremely difficult and complicated to permanently delete a show from your recording schedule. It can be done but again only occasionally and with difficulty. Why isn't it easier?

Lastly, it should be possible to specify the channel you want to record a program being broadcast on several channels and in old and new versions on but it isn't so you get, for instance, season 12 episodes of Law and Order in/of the older original ones. Or you only get the new Hawaii 50 in/of the old show. It should be easier to specify exactly which show on which channel you want. Why isn't it?

for episode/recording information in For You, (example just recorded) just highlight a recording and hit info button two times.  for making series recordings on a single channel search to find the next episode date/time/channel and then press the guide button and find that channel, date, and program and hit the record button. That way you can set up a series recording on that channel 'only'. To delete a program your options depend on situation. If the program is recording or scheduled find the program and press the info button and select cancel (all future recordings). if there are no episode scheduled, you can go to saved>scheduled and press down then up then right (series priority). from there press down until the series you want to delete is higlighted between the two white lines and hit the D button.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.