Community Forum

iPad Xfinity TV App recordings different

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

iPad Xfinity TV App recordings different

The Xfinity TV App on my iPad is showing a different list of recordings than my DVR shows.  We only have one DVR in the house, and the TV App seems to be showing an older list.  In other words, some of the recorded shows on the app have actually already been deleted from the X1 DVR.  Also, some newer recorded shows on the DVR do not appear in the recorded shows on the App.

When I go online on my PC, the My DVR website shows the same shows as the X1 DVR.  Just the iPad app differs.

How can I force the iPad to syncronize the shows?  I've tried deleting the iPad app and reinstalling it, re-logging in, etc., but it still shows the same list of shows ... very odd.

Any help is appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Re: iPad Xfinity TV App recordings different

Can you send me your Comcast ID/email that you use to login to the app?  Also, the version of your device, OS, and XFINITY TV app.

Regular Visitor

Sent information in a PM.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue has there been a resolution to this issue?

Frequent Visitor

I am also having a very similar issue where recordings only appear in my xfinity tv app but do not appear on my X11 dvr box. I have not "downloaded" the shows to my mobile device and when I want to watch the shows on my tv, I cannot because the dvr box doesn't recognize them. I don't know if it's an issue with the cloud or synchronizing devices but it is extremely frustrating. Is there a resolution for this issue?
Frequent Visitor

If you have recently swapped your DVR then the recordings are from your original DVR and you'll only be able to access them thru the app
Frequent Visitor

No changes to DVR box or anything like that. Happens periodically and most recently last week.
Frequent Visitor

Should also mention been using the app for a couple months now and have seen this occur a handful of times.
Silver Problem Solver

Year-old thread:

My xfinity tv app (iOS 9) has "Recordings" saved that I deleted from my DVR.

Is there a known issue with this?  A search of this board didn't really match my issue.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I have the same issue too.  I have 4 shows that are showing as recordings on my ipad, but they have long ago been deleted from my DVR.