Community Forum

iPSt error on box and intermittent internet outages the past two days

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

iPSt error on box and intermittent internet outages the past two days

Nothing in my aparment has changed at all, but I did get a message on the xfinity home page two days ago about outages in my area. I've called the 800 number though and it has said there are no outages.

This keeps happening on and off. Literally just now as I was typing this my box rebooted fine.

I've had smooth service up until two days ago, and that message on the home page about outages has me wondering what is going on that all of a sudden I keep losing connections to TV and internet.

Official Employee

Re: iPSt error on box and intermittent internet outages the past two days

Just because nothing's changed inside your apartment doesn't mean there's not something happening outside of it. Presently your modem is offline and your dvr is far out of spec, which is why the errors your getting cone and go. Since you are in an apartment, you'll need a tech to troubleshoot further
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Tech is on the way but what do you mean my DVR is out of spec? I don't know what that means.

Official Employee

Dvr's have an upstream and downstream signal range for it to work best. Anything too far out of range will have issues. Yours is out of range on both.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Got it my friend, thank you. It's happening in the bedroom today now. I removed the splitter from the internet and living room TV and internet is working again, but bedroom is having issues. Something happened either from the street or within the building.

I'll post here with what the tech finds later and any possible solutions.