Community Forum

how to i uninstall youtube on xfinity x1

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

how to i uninstall youtube on xfinity x1

how do i uninstall youtube from the apps 

Official Employee

Re: how to i uninstall youtube on xfinity x1

ltlwoman wrote:

how do i uninstall youtube from the apps 

There isn't a way but you can lock it if you need to.

New Poster

how do i block the youtube app?

Expert

ltlwoman wrote:

parental controls includes ability to block access to apps. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

We, clients, need a way to get rid of YouTube app icon !!!! In the same way we can do in any Windows OS. We have the right to (completely) configure the system we are paying to!

It´s not sufficient to have a Parental Control withPIN, this shows that the parent is the responsible to lock the YouTube to the children, and children does not have the maturity to understand this!! 

Xfinity X1 is a program, like an OS, and it is able to be configured the way we NEED, not the way Comcast and YouTube WANT.

We clients have the right to completely block or remove an icon, or app, in our devices, including the xfinity "whatever it is".

I REQUIRE to Comcast a settings screen (limited by PIN) in which I could at least select the apps I want to present on mian screen. This have been an issue since the lauch of this kind of interface.

Expert

wrote:

We, clients, need a way to get rid of YouTube app icon !!!! In the same way we can do in any Windows OS. We have the right to (completely) configure the system we are paying to!

It´s not sufficient to have a Parental Control withPIN, this shows that the parent is the responsible to lock the YouTube to the children, and children does not have the maturity to understand this!! 

Xfinity X1 is a program, like an OS, and it is able to be configured the way we NEED, not the way Comcast and YouTube WANT.

We clients have the right to completely block or remove an icon, or app, in our devices, including the xfinity "whatever it is".

I REQUIRE to Comcast a settings screen (limited by PIN) in which I could at least select the apps I want to present on mian screen. This have been an issue since the lauch of this kind of interface. 

please see the 2nd post on this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

By using the you tube app on x1, it also uses the WiFi data, I understand you can block it with parental controls, my question is there a way to place a time constraint on it instead of blocking the entire app. That might be an innovation that comcast can try
Official Employee

At this time no there isn’t a way to place time restraints