Community Forum

how do I pair two Xt remotes to same box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: how do I pair two Xt remotes to same box

CO_Nick wrote:

I have successfully paired two remotes to one box using the described method.  Only issue is Voice control does not seem to work when multiple remotes are paired.

I just paired 2nd xr11 remote to same set top box. both worked with voice. when you press voice on the one 'not' working does the LED light 'blue'?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

I have successfully paired two remotes to one box using the described method.  Only issue is Voice control does not seem to work when multiple remotes are paired.

Gold Problem Solver

Not sure what to say. I have three X1 boxes and I have at least three remotes paired to the boxes. I believe I have give paired to my main DVR.

As rusty said, just keep repeating the process that worked for the first remote.
Regular Visitor

After Pairing the second remote the same way as the first, the first remote is not recognized only the second is, if I repeat the process pairing the first remote then the second remote is not recognized a different code comes up for each remote.
Expert

cardinale1 wrote:

How do I pair two X1 remotes to same X1 box

same process as for the first one. press setup on the remote and hold until LED changes from red to green. then press the Xfinity button to get the code displayed on the screen.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

Press and hold setup, led at the top goes from red to green, press the Xfinity button and enter the 3 digit code that pops up on the screen, follow the onscreen instructions to pair the TV and an audio device if you have one.

This method will not work with RNG150 models
Frequent Visitor

how do I pair two Xt remotes to same box

How do I pair two X1 remotes to same X1 box