Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

got tv in one room but not the other

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

got tv in one room but not the other

Cable's working on one TV but not in the other one. Screen says "something's quite not right". I've check the cable conncetions, they are tight and also unplugged the DVR and restarted to no avail. It was working last night but when I turned it on this morning this happened.  What else can be done?

Expert

Re: got tv in one room but not the other

I had this issue with one of my companions when I unjplugged it to do some cleaning in the room.  The coax wasn't COMPLETELY connected on both ends - the wall and the STB.  And I had to reboot (pull the power) the box three times before it cleared up.

New Poster

bobbymcclarty wrote:

Cable's working on one TV but not in the other one. Screen says "something's quite not right". I've check the cable conncetions, they are tight and also unplugged the DVR and restarted to no avail. It was working last night but when I turned it on this morning this happened.  What else can be done?

I have unplugged box and waited still expericing   something's  not  quite  right  screen  

Expert

bjcutelegs wrote:

bobbymcclarty wrote:

I have unplugged box and waited still expericing   something's  not  quite  right  screen  

Sometmes, it is an issue with one or more of the coax connectors.  Try unscrewing all of them and rescrewing them tightly.