Community Forum

frozen screen

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: frozen screen

@nick1154 wrote:

my screen freezes and nothing will work on either of my secondary boxes , I had this problem and called xfinity help and we went through the the steps for resetting and it fixed it for twenty minutes . Then they suggested changing the main box and I did and it works fine but nothing else does . I don't have time to sit on the phone again right now but I will be back again in a day or so and would like to be able to lay back and watch some TV then . On another note this happened a year ago at my old address and it started when my neighbor switched fron Dish to Xfinity that very afternoon when they hooked him up my troubles started  , and the problem here co-incided with the sub contractor for  xfinity hooking up cable and internet in the appartment across the hall on the same day the trouble started 

It’s exactly as you surmised. Your neighbor’s (or fellow tenant) equipment is interfering with the way your boxes are supposed to communicate. You’ll need a tech out to ensure a POE filter has been installed. POE filter keeps your services in your apartment and keep others out. If you need assistance scheduling one, let us know. Try resetting all your boxes at the same time to attempt re-communication

New Poster

frozen screen

my screen freezes and nothing will work on either of my secondary boxes , I had this problem and called xfinity help and we went through the the steps for resetting and it fixed it for twenty minutes . Then they suggested changing the main box and I did and it works fine but nothing else does . I don't have time to sit on the phone again right now but I will be back again in a day or so and would like to be able to lay back and watch some TV then . On another note this happened a year ago at my old address and it started when my neighbor switched fron Dish to Xfinity that very afternoon when they hooked him up my troubles started  , and the problem here co-incided with the sub contractor for  xfinity hooking up cable and internet in the appartment across the hall on the same day the trouble started