Community Forum

frequent TV interruptions requiring box reboot

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

frequent TV interruptions requiring box reboot

(I posted this yesterday in the Non-X1 Service forum but I'm think it better belongs here.)

Since last Sunday I have had what seem to be frequent network disconnects of some sort while watching TV, which make my cable box lose its connection to the network server without interrupting the program I'm watching. I'll be watching a show with no visible problems -- no picture freezes or dropouts -- but when I try to change channels I get a "sorry, we can't find the X1 network" message with error code RDK 03033. At this point everything is frozen except the channel I'm watching, and my remote has no control over the cable box. If I power down and restart the box, everything works again for a while, but the problem keeps recurring.

I have checked and re-checked my indoor cable connections. I have twice phoned tech support and been advised to reboot the cable box, which as I say seems to work as a temporary fix, but then the problem recurs within an hour or two when I try to change channels.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Regular Visitor

periodic loss of TV connectivity

For the last few days I have had what seem to be frequent network disconnects of some sort while watching TV, which make my cable box lose its connection to the network server without interrupting the program I'm watching. I'll be watching a show with no visible problems -- no picture freezes or dropouts -- but when I try to change channels I get a "sorry, we can't find the X1 network" message with error code RDK 03033. At this point everything is frozen except the channel I'm watching, and my remote has no control over the cable box. If I power down and restart the box, everything works again for a while, but the problem keeps recurring.

I have checked and re-checked my indoor cable connections. I have twice phoned tech support and been advised to reboot the cable box, which as I say seems to work as a temporary fix, but then the problem recurs within an hour or two when I try to change channels.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Admin1

Re: frequent TV interruptions requiring box reboot

Hi tominboston -- From what you've described it sounds that there's a communication error with your X1 box and the X1 server. You may have signal issue present that are causing that communication issue. I can check on this for you. Please send me a PM with your name and either phone number or account number.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.