Community Forum

flickering snow, starry picture

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

flickering snow, starry picture

I have White flickering snow all over my new sony tv. I have an xbr-75x900e, i was using the dvr "best available display" setting of 16:9 1080p60hd. I had recently set to this after finding it 2 days ago, had the tv for 3 weeks. Turned the tv on today and there was snow everywhere, not stationary, but like twinkling stars over the tv show that was on. I turned off, sat a sec and turned back on, still there. I changed the display settings down a notch to 1080 hd and it went away. Changed it back still gone. Is it going to happen again? I am assuming it is the dvr/comcast not my new tv....

I do plan on swapping out to the 4k box soon.

It seems my papers say the best available is what I have chosen now without the new box.

New hdmi cord, I know that doesn't mean it's not bad...

Changed tv display setting enhanced format: (displays high quality hdmi signals on hdmi inputs 2 & 3. Select this option only if your device supports high quality hdmi formats such as: 4k 60p 4:2:0 10 bit, 4:4:4, 4:4:2.)

I am in hdmi2

Silver Problem Solver

Re: fickering snow

Snow usually indicates a poor connection somewhere. First make sure all your coax connections are clean and tight. Try using a known good HDMI cable to HDMI 1 and see what happens.

New Poster

Re: fickering snow

Will swap the cable, but it has been fine since I reset the video display, kinda weird...

I can still watch the show, btw, not total snow, just starry. It has not happened but the 1 time.