Community Forum

fix or replace non working boxes

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

fix or replace non working boxes

Two of 5 boxes not working. One no power even after resetting. Other all lights flashing even after resetting. Can we handle without service call. Fix one box and replace other?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: fix or replace non working boxes

Eleni1 wrote:

Two of 5 boxes not working. One no power even after resetting. Other all lights flashing even after resetting. Can we handle without service call. Fix one box and replace other?

If you are referring to X1 equipment, you chose the wrong forum; if you live near an Xfinity Store, they will exchange X1 equipment at no cost to you.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

Re: fix or replace non working boxes

I would remind everyone that cable-boxes when exchanged or mailed to you are rarely new. They are refurbished boxes. That is why you never get the box the cable-box came to Comcast in.

Also; it seems there is no real quality control done to check cable-boxes when received. That is why we can actually get a bad box when exchanging. Boxes are fragile and can get damaged in shipment.