Community Forum

error message

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

error message

I am running linux and when trying to watch xfinity tv online i am encountering error 525. now it will let me play clips but not the full episode or movie.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: error message

Hello,

It is an issue with the video player that is installed on your machine. You can either try watching the video in a different web browser or reinstalling your Silverlight player by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Starte​d/Install/Default.aspx.

Official Employee

mhoggard09 wrote:

I am running linux and when trying to watch xfinity tv online i am encountering error 525. now it will let me play clips but not the full episode or movie.

I am sorry but Linux is not a supported operating system.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Joe,

Why is linux not a supported OS, when the servers you run are running linux. Such hypocritical bs. This problem has an easy solution that you guys are refusing to impliment. There is a an open source version of silverlight that works fine for linux. Why can't you make your video player compatible with it?