Community Forum

error code XRE-0002

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Silver Problem Solver

Re: error code XRE-0002

Did you try calling 1800comcast?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

cannot get new box to function. restarted several times with same results.and yes this is the correct error code on the screen

Official Employee

Hi MN5201, 

I can help review your account to see if I'm able to help make this right. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

New Poster

Yes,it was fixed. looks like it was an issued with a signal, a support technical come home to check connections and everythin was well. but I am frustared because suposely when I was talking by phone the person told me that I had not to paid for the service of the technica. When the technical arrives home , the first thing he asked me was to sign the work order. I explain him what was happen, then he told me to call billing for a credit on it , because it was a problem for a signal. Now I am getting charge for $60.00 for installation, when I was not suppose to paid nothing. When I connect the modem with the inthernet there were not problem; the issued happened when I was installing the X1 & THEN comes days fighting with the support team & now I have to paid for it !!! bythe way the technica told me that he is going to leave a note in the order explained the issued, but looks like not want leave any notes. Now they are asking for proof  of the notes. 

I really love the good quality of the tv signal and inthernet ; just bother me to paid for something ; which I was not suppose to paid.  

Admin1

Hi MN5201 -- ComcastAmir provided a definition of what that error means. We may need to run further troubleshooting on your box. Has a tech support agent be able to get in touch with you regarding this error?

Silver Problem Solver

@MN5201 wrote:
I had having this error for the last 2 days and still not get resolved; supposedly some technical is going to call me or fix it internal, but still waiting to fix this problem XRE-0002. Please advise if you know how to fix it, otherwise going to cancel my service.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/error-code-XRE-0002/m-p/3001198/highlight/true#M140403

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I had having this error for the last 2 days and still not get resolved; supposedly some technical is going to call me or fix it internal, but still waiting to fix this problem XRE-0002. Please advise if you know how to fix it, otherwise going to cancel my service.
Official Employee

Hi Midodesigns, that error means the box isn't pulling an IP address. Since you have already rebooted the cable box I will need to send the equipment some signals to clear up the error.  Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

New Poster

I have the same error and no, we are not missing an extra digit. Already unplugged and re plugged in every cable. Internet is working fine as well. Please help
E5DD47B7-AB43-4B81-904C-A0E0544E9DD0.jpeg
Official Employee

Are you missing a digit? Your box is showing online.
New Poster

error code XRE-0002

error code XRE-0002?