Community Forum

error 102100.33 (can stream "guide" and "on demand" programs, but not "saved" programs)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

error 102100.33 (can stream "guide" and "on demand" programs, but not "saved" programs)

Anyone else having this problem?

I can watch "On Demand" and "Guide" programming on desktop and laptop PCs (Win 7 Pro, using latest versions of browsers and flash, via ethernet and wireless).  Just NOT "Saved" programs!

Comcast Phill has refreshed my entitlements.  It has not helped.

I still get error 102100.20 when attempting to watch "Saved" programs from the Cloud.

Diagnostics:

"Loading of specified resource failed."

error aux info

"http;//xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V45288736747182..."

entitlements

est,clinear,tve-linear,cdvr,cvod,tve-vod

last fingerprint

cloudtv_web_polymer_0_prod

stream

../../recording/V452873674718214560L1006292805001...

video source

s:VideoObject/Recording

Technical-savy in local sales office admitted "this is way over their head."

Any help would be appreciated.  Thx!

Expert

Re: error 102100.33 (can stream "guide" and "on demand" programs, but not "saved" programs)

Gary505873 wrote:

Anyone else having this problem?

I can watch "On Demand" and "Guide" programming on desktop and laptop PCs (Win 7 Pro, using latest versions of browsers and flash, via ethernet and wireless).  Just NOT "Saved" programs!

Comcast Phill has refreshed my entitlements.  It has not helped.

I still get error 102100.20 when attempting to watch "Saved" programs from the Cloud.

Diagnostics:

"Loading of specified resource failed."

error aux info

"http;//xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V45288736747182..."

entitlements

est,clinear,tve-linear,cdvr,cvod,tve-vod

last fingerprint

cloudtv_web_polymer_0_prod

stream

../../recording/V452873674718214560L1006292805001...

video source

s:VideoObject/Recording

Technical-savy in local sales office admitted "this is way over their head."

Any help would be appreciated.  Thx!

what city/state? have you tried a smart device like an apple/android tablet or phone using the xfinity TV app?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Re: error 102100.33 (can stream "guide" and "on demand" programs, but not "saved" programs)

Chicago suburbs.

No, I have not tried smart devices using infinity TV app.

To recap, I am having streaming failures for "saved" programs -- connected via ethernet to my modem, and wirelessly inside my residence.   Can't get any more basic for streaming than this.

Do not want to introduce additional complications, such as steaming using smart devices using infinity TV app.  For these complications see

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website-Mobile-Apps/X1-app-won-t-work-Error-12012/td-p/25929...

Silver Problem Solver

Is this the URL you are using?

https://tv.xfinity.com/completed

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

RobertWy,

Issue was escalated to level 3 tech support.  We were able to restore streaming to "saved" programs on my Win 7 laptop.

Apparently there is a "bug in Comcast software" that creates multiple registrations of a PC every time you log on to your Comcast cloud account.  Level 3 removed the multiple registrations (and "fixed something" as they put it) and the laptop has been streaming fine since.  However, level 3 tech support could **not solve** the same issue when I use my XP Pro PC. 

Let me digress for a minute....

You may say an old XP Pro system probably should not be used to stream X1 content anyway (too old, no longer Microsoft supported, etc), so not being to resolve the Comcast streaming issue with XP Pro PC is not that important to Comcast users anyway.  But as I pointed out to Level 3 tech support,  there are thousands of Comcast  XP Pro users. We are using our corporate laptops, which have never been converted to Win 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 until corporate IT departments complete the transition. And until then, we do not want to carry two laptops with us on business trips (a personal Win 7+ and the corporate XP Pro PC, which is required for access thru the corporate firewalls to pick up emails, etc.) 

Silver Problem Solver

Gary505873 wrote:

RobertWy,

Issue was escalated to level 3 tech support.  We were able to restore streaming to "saved" programs on my Win 7 laptop.

Apparently there is a "bug in Comcast software" that creates multiple registrations of a PC every time you log on to your Comcast cloud account.  Level 3 removed the multiple registrations (and "fixed something" as they put it) and the laptop has been streaming fine since.  However, level 3 tech support could **not solve** the same issue when I use my XP Pro PC. 

Let me digress for a minute....

You may say an old XP Pro system probably should not be used to stream X1 content anyway (too old, no longer Microsoft supported, etc), so not being to resolve the Comcast streaming issue with XP Pro PC is not that important to Comcast users anyway.  But as I pointed out to Level 3 tech support,  there are thousands of Comcast  XP Pro users. We are using our corporate laptops, which have never been converted to Win 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 until corporate IT departments complete the transition. And until then, we do not want to carry two laptops with us on business trips (a personal Win 7+ and the corporate XP Pro PC, which is required for access thru the corporate firewalls to pick up emails, etc.) 

I will not use Win10 OR above for as long as I can keep my Win7/8 computers running.

Administrator
Moved:

Re: error 102100.33 (can stream "guide" and "on demand" programs, but not &quot

New Poster

Re: error 102100.33 (can stream "guide" and "on demand" programs, but not &quot

Been having the same problem off and on for over a year, whether watching from home on a PC, iOS device, or Android device.  In northern California.  It's much worse when I'm on the road and using somebody else's WiFi.

All hardware is relatively modern and has the iOS 10 or above, Android 5 or above, and Win7 Pro 64 bit or above.  Doesn't seem to matter which browser I use, nothing actually works.  Error messages are 102100.ee or 102100.5

When I run into this issue, videos don't load at all -- they try, but they never play. 

AFAIC, they should be hit with a class-action suit for false advertising.  The features they show in the commercials simply fail so often they aren't products...they're beta tests.  As a software professional, I can assure you that if the problem were simple, they would have solved it already.  No, they got waaaay ahead of themselves and now can't code their way out of the problem.