Community Forum

comcast sucks

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

comcast sucks

the storm is over and still no cable in my area of DC.  I'm so glad i didn't get the bundle.  i would be without phone, tv and internet.  let this be a lesson, don't buy bundles.  saving a little money is not worth the inconvenience.  you can't get  through to any one at comcast and you can bet we will be expected to still pay for their "service".  if i don't get service can i ask them to deduct days of no service? 

Regular Visitor

Re: comcast sucks

I got the bundle and now I'm sorry.  Smiley Sad  No TV.  No phone.  No internet.  I work from home some of the time, so this is a big problem for me.  The worst part is that I have no idea when I might get my service back.  Yes, I know Comcast is "working on the problem", but how about an ETA?  If I knew how long the outage was going to last, I could plan accordingly.  If this isn't resolved soon, I may have to switch to Verizon and/or DirecTV.

Problem Solver

@g_woman wrote:

if i don't get service can i ask them to deduct days of no service? 

Call 1-800-COMCAST to request credit for the days you went without service. Comcast should pro-rate your bill but you need to call in.

Regular Visitor

@tedtv wrote:

@g_woman wrote:

if i don't get service can i ask them to deduct days of no service? 

Call 1-800-COMCAST to request credit for the days you went without service. Comcast should pro-rate your bill but you need to call in.

Good, that makes me feel a little better.

New Poster

This is why I am changing back to AT&T U-Verse. Had them for over a year and moved away from the area they was in, now back and my service with Comcast has been out since midnight. I used to work for them as a tier 2 a few years ago and loved it there, but the service has went down hill bad. BYE BYE Sept 27th.

Frequent Visitor

If what I am experiencing is the new comittment to customer service we are all up the creek. I have been experiencing daily outages of internet and digital TV. Not one thing in my house has changed since the digital changeover and everyday for the past week the digital signal starts breaking up and them I get the service outage message on the screen. If I reboot the cable box it takes 15 minutes to scan and most of the time I dont get my signal back until early in the morning - then out it goes as soon as the day gets started. I am sick of checking everything over and over and wasting my time on the telephone with these people. The FCC needs to step in and bust up these protected markets and force competition. That is the only way the lip service from Comcast/Xfinity in going to stop.

I remember Comcast running advertisements talking about how Dish TV was effected every time it rains. All we need to see Comcast crash and burn is sunlight. I have never seen a company that expects its customers to spend so much time troubleshooting their terrible quality service. I dont care if I have to use a tin can and a string Comcast is gone. I will friggen die before I touch Xfinity service ever again.