Community Forum

closed captioning lag of almost 30 seconds on live tv

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

closed captioning lag of almost 30 seconds on live tv

Hi,

Live Tv closed captioning falls behind of about 20 seconds. How can I solve this?

Expert

Re: closed captioning lag of almost 30 seconds on live tv

@pba02 wrote:

Hi,

Live Tv closed captioning falls behind of about 20 seconds. How can I solve this?

there are two sync signals that keep it in sync. it appears that your device is getting behind in the coding (test by hitting pause and see if the captions catch up appearing one after the other until 'current'). If the captions do catch up on pause then check other channels especially local broadcast channels. do they work normally?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have the same issue both on live TV as well as the DVR. It is worse on the DVR. How do I fix this?

New Poster

Closed Caption Lags Speech

The CC on my X1 service has severe lag with the action on screen. It is disconcerting to watch the unsynchronous feeds. Problem seems to be getting worse and present for may users. Pausing to catch up has been suggested but it is not really a viable solution is it? 

The problem seems worse on shows on DVR but i cannot say for sure. It is pretty bad as it is even on live TV. 

Help. 

Expert

@namjoshi wrote:

I have the same issue both on live TV as well as the DVR. It is worse on the DVR. How do I fix this?

does this happen on commercial movie programming (HBO/netflix) .  does this happen when watching an ABC/NBC/CBS prime time program? when it is lagged, if you hit pause do the captions continue to show on the screen until they are caught up?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Silver Problem Solver

@pba02 wrote:

Hi,

Check your Settings for "Closed Captioning Options"  (gear icon).