Community Forum

charging for television shows

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

charging for television shows

Why has xfinity recently started charging to watch some television channels?  Never had to pay extra for them before now.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: charging for television shows

I posted this in Streaming also, they have revised the platform and I am not a fan.

My issue is that with the old system there would be certain shows, say "Seinfeld", "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", or "The Office" that would have a random 5-10 episdoes available for streaming for free and would continuously rotate. That was nice and only Comcast offered it for its subscribers. Now this is gone for all these shows and instead all seasons are up and all episodes have a fee. I have not found a way for streaming tv to filter for free episodes. I know for the shows I listed all of the episodes are pay. This is now like having any other pay streaming service.

"Cheers" all the episodes had been up for free. Now they are all pay. At least on streaming service X that is one of their free selections. Somehow "Simpsons" is still all free so I take it maybe this had somehthing to do with networks but it definitely is a downgrade IMO from something that was exclusively Comcast.

New Poster

Re: charging for television shows

I just spent over an hour on chat with xfinity and no one there knew why I had to rent an episode of Jessie on Disney when I didnt have to do so a month ago. Thank you for posting... at least I know why now. Guess I will rethink my xfinity choice.