Community Forum

channel guide descriptions missing on one box only

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

channel guide descriptions missing on one box only

I didn't notice until today (though it explains why I couldn't program a recording through my phone a week ago) that the descriptions in the channel guide on one of our boxes ends today. Tomorrow is as far as we can scroll and there everything it TBA. Our other 2 boxes are fine, have descriptions a week or so out as usual. I've unplugged the box for a minute or so, but 4 hours later there's still nothing in the descriptions. All the future recordings are still scheduled, but everything is TBA and looks to be recording at times when the show would be a repeat when only new episodes are scheduled. How else can we try to update the descriptions?

Admin1

Re: channel guide descriptions missing on one box only

Hello 

I sent some refresh HIT's as well to see if that does anything. If not, you'll need to have the box replaced. You can do that at a Cable Store or a tech can bring you one. There isn't a Cable Store very close by so I can schedule a tech for you to save you a long trip. Let me know days/times that work best for you and I'll get someone out.

Thank You

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: channel guide descriptions missing on one box only