Community Forum

change channels I own to green

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: change channels I own to green

Expert

Re: change channels I own to green

@vfritz2018 wrote:
I am often searching the channel guide to see what is on. and I have not memorized what channels I own - so often I select a channel and then wait for the error to tell me that I don't own it - and there have been times that I own a channel and months later I bump into it and am annoyed that I could have been watching it all this time. and i was hoping that the guide that says "free to me" would resolve this - but, it too has a lot of channels that I don't own - so that is not a vaild solution. it would be nice if Comcast could turn all the channels that I own green so I know what I can watch.

if your default guide view is set to free to me only the channels you subscribe to will be on the guide. you can see your entire numbered channel lineup on a smart device with the Xfinity My Account app after pressing the TV tab. there is a link at the top to see your entire subscription. What is the error code and message that you are seeing when you select a channel and the channel fails to tune?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

change channels I own to green

I am often searching the channel guide to see what is on. and I have not memorized what channels I own - so often I select a channel and then wait for the error to tell me that I don't own it - and there have been times that I own a channel and months later I bump into it and am annoyed that I could have been watching it all this time. and i was hoping that the guide that says "free to me" would resolve this - but, it too has a lot of channels that I don't own - so that is not a vaild solution. it would be nice if Comcast could turn all the channels that I own green so I know what I can watch.