Community Forum

cable theft, neighbor's split off tap at the feed (tech confirmed splitter feeding to neighbor)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

cable theft, neighbor's split off tap at the feed (tech confirmed splitter feeding to neighbor)

Tech came after I swapped box out at store told account rep of my troubles, open cable box, splitters, exposed wires, and viola neighbor #1 apt, is using my service I now see their favorite, and channel watching habits.  I do npot watch NBA or BET channels etcc.  

Tech came with the most lame lack of effort statement splitters are feeding into someone elses apt? Duh?

Hence shows where they feed in and whos line they access (MINE) even the phone is being used by them, they even made a service call for my service.  Technician is supposed to move my line to the pole, or burty the line  why do IO get excuses and hideous unprofessional service? So tech confirmend that splitters (plural) feed to other apts, left it that way, he was supposed to check my line to make sure my feed is going to my apt. he didnt  just left.

TYPICAL now how many months and calls and tech apts (10) last two months still someone is on watching my cable service for free.

Sj
Expert

Re: cable theft, neighbor's split off tap at the feed (tech confirmed splitter feeding to neighbor)

sjmerchant wrote:

Tech came after I swapped box out at store told account rep of my troubles, open cable box, splitters, exposed wires, and viola neighbor #1 apt, is using my service I now see their favorite, and channel watching habits.  I do npot watch NBA or BET channels etcc.  

Tech came with the most lame lack of effort statement splitters are feeding into someone elses apt? Duh?

Hence shows where they feed in and whos line they access (MINE) even the phone is being used by them, they even made a service call for my service.  Technician is supposed to move my line to the pole, or burty the line  why do IO get excuses and hideous unprofessional service? So tech confirmend that splitters (plural) feed to other apts, left it that way, he was supposed to check my line to make sure my feed is going to my apt. he didnt  just left.

TYPICAL now how many months and calls and tech apts (10) last two months still someone is on watching my cable service for free.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: cable theft, neighbor's split off tap at the feed (tech confirmed splitter feeding to neighbor)

Hello sjmerchant. I can assist with scheduling another technician to come out and confirm service connected to your tap. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!