Community Forum

buffering

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

buffering

Buffering is happening all the time!  Whats up?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: buffering

mlillibr wrote:

Buffering is happening all the time!  Whats up?

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

ditto... trying to watch Parenthood and keeps saying  it's buffering:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Parenthood/104496/2280952357/Left-Field/videos

My Device Information My Zip Code: 98043 My Cable Provider: Comcast Snohomish Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 67.160.22.11 My operating system: Windows - rv:14.0 My web browser: Firefox 14 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Sep 26 2012 21:01:06 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Wed Sep 26 2012 21:01:05 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, ca, ai, cm, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bk, bp, cj, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

The_LaMarrs wrote:

ditto... trying to watch Parenthood and keeps saying  it's buffering:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Parenthood/104496/2280952357/Left-Field/videos

My Device Information My Zip Code: 98043 My Cable Provider: Comcast Snohomish Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 67.160.22.11 My operating system: Windows - rv:14.0 My web browser: Firefox 14 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

I tried to stream the video via Firefox (version 15.0.1) and then via Chrome (version Version 22.0.1229.79 )   It would not stream on either browser. The initial NBC screen would display and then when it tried to stream the actual program, it remained with a blank screen and in contiual  "buffering" state.

I do need to say I was trying to view Parenthood on my laptop in my  house and so over the wifi. Other videos (say for example, YouTube ) worked fine w/o buffering over the wifi. I eventually managed to view the video on my PC (where I am writing this) with no further issues other than sometimes the video would freeze if I jumped between large screen or small screen (i.e. after commercials) Otherwise the show streamed just fine.

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Trying to watch VEEP and it just keeps buffering then saying to refresh. I refresh and it does the same thing. Never makes it to the big black screen, just the little black screen in left corner of laptop screen.

CAN ANYONE
HELP?