Community Forum

black background

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

black background

Unless you fix it I gotta quit. I can't read it, I won't read it, and I ain't gonna try no more.
Problem Solver

Re: black background


ForestGumpp wrote:
Unless you fix it I gotta quit. I can't read it, I won't read it, and I ain't gonna try no more.

     Do you mean the guide's black background?

     ]

Frequent Visitor

Re: black background

That would be the one. Who might you be, sir? Someone associated with Comcast perhaps?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: black background

The X1 system has a Setting for background.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-background-darkness-level

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

Re: black background


ForestGumpp wrote:

That would be the one. Who might you be, sir? Someone associated with Comcast perhaps?

 

 


     No, I'm just a customer trying to help other customers. I see you have your answer. Great!

Frequent Visitor

Re: black background

I switched back to the old set top box several months ago because I couldn't read the guide. After reconnecting the X1 HD box it doesn't work. The phone rep says it may be an issue with updates. I will exchange it tomorrow. If I can't change the settings to the old style blue screen guide then I will have to cancel X1 and use the old SD box. I cannot read a black background as so many digital and computer programmers seem to think is a better way. Thank You.

Official Employee

Re: black background


ForestGumpp wrote:

I switched back to the old set top box several months ago because I couldn't read the guide. After reconnecting the X1 HD box it doesn't work. The phone rep says it may be an issue with updates. I will exchange it tomorrow. If I can't change the settings to the old style blue screen guide then I will have to cancel X1 and use the old SD box. I cannot read a black background as so many digital and computer programmers seem to think is a better way. Thank You.


There isn't a way to change the guide settings

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!