Community Forum

arris AX014ANM universal remote setup

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

arris AX014ANM universal remote setup

Is there any universal remote that works with the Xfinity box "arris AX014ANM" ?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: arris AX014ANM universal remote setup

Harmony remotes should work with the 4k box and just about any other X1 STB.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

My Hamony Remote is a 620.  Looking at other websites, this one apparently does not work with the new X1 box.  It looks like the 650 might work.

Silver Problem Solver

I have the 650 but I don't use it with my 4k box.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

My Harmony Hub + Companion remote works perfectly with the 4K AX014ANM box I have, although I had to position an IR extender directly in front of it in order for the IR signals to reach the box. So nice to sit in front of the couch and let my Echo turn on the cable TV. Cat LOL

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
Frequent Visitor

thanks, which extender are you using?   I checked Amazon and there are loads of extenders.  I'm not sure what kind will do the trick

Expert

My apologies, I meant the IR mini blaster that came with the Harmony Companion. (Actually it comes with two). 

Normally the Hub will be able to broadcast the IR signals to reach all my devices, but for some reason it wasn't working on my 4k box. Logitech support suggested I put a mini blaster in front of the box, and now it works great. 

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
Frequent Visitor

thanks