Community Forum

Youtube loads super slow and sometimes not at all

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Youtube loads super slow and sometimes not at all

I like to go on my tv and watch youtube, till this past week that was no problem and for some reason when I say "Youtube" in voice remote it will go and at first look like it's loaded fine, then it will start as it wouldn't load the videos and sometimes just will say loading on the screen and it's starting to get to my bad nerves, as before I could open up the youtube app and watch with no problem for hours and why now is it causes so many problems?.

Also sometimes will say youtube in voice remote and get nothing but a black screen like it dosen't register my voice but I know it does as when I say it in the controller...it says youtube on my tv screen...will you please fix as I did a system refresh last night and worked for a minute then back to the same old thing?.

Just want to watch youtube on my big screen like I use too with no freakin problems!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Youtube loads super slow and sometimes at all

Which X1 box do you have?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Really hard to see the back of my box and how do I find out what x1 box i do have?

Frequent Visitor

I see MA1436 on line one in the back of box, it is a DVR box

Silver Problem Solver

Try the A button System Restore

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Ok will try once I get on my X1 box as my cable has been down for a few hours, internet is fine and tried calling to see what is going on and says due to high call volume when can't get to you at this time then hangs me up?....what is going on?

Silver Problem Solver

@buffalofan39 wrote:

Ok will try once I get on my X1 box as my cable has been down for a few hours, internet is fine and tried calling to see what is going on and says due to high call volume when can't get to you at this time then hangs me up?....what is going on?

https://www.cnet.com/news/comcast-confirms-nationwide-outage/

Contributor

That doesn't answer the question in any way, "Service Expert".

Official Employee

Hello all,

@buffalofan39 - Thank you for describing your experience. I will reach out to the engineering team but they may request your information. Please send me a private message with your full name and a phone number associated with your account. 

@quark12000 - Our service expert, @RobertWy, in his last message replied to the question regarding issues with the internet connection. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.