Community Forum

Your EXPLORER settop box is not AUTHORIZED for use.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Your EXPLORER settop box is not AUTHORIZED for use.

I placed an order on May 31st for Xfinity Bundled Services. I got Blast Plus - Xfinity TV and Internet. I ordered a HD reciever for the TV - the model is CISCO RNG150N. I did the self-starter kit because my apartment was already set up for cable. I recived my package from UPS last week, June 4th, and had everything actived on June 5th. The internet is working just fine, but I'm unable to watch TV because of the following message: "Your EXPLORER settop box is not AUTHORIZED for use." I've been unable to call about the issue. Now when I look at my services through my account, my TV services don't even show up as an option. It only shows that I have internet. I haven't recieved my first bill yet, and have no idea why I no longer have TV, along with the original issue of my settop box not being authorized. The internet has been great and haven't had any issues with it. The TV portion of my services, on the other hand, hasn't been functional at all. Any help on these two issues would be much appreciated.

Expert

Re: Your EXPLORER settop box is not AUTHORIZED for use.

@802VTGUY wrote:

I placed an order on May 31st for Xfinity Bundled Services. I got Blast Plus - Xfinity TV and Internet. I ordered a HD reciever for the TV - the model is CISCO RNG150N. I did the self-starter kit because my apartment was already set up for cable. I recived my package from UPS last week, June 4th, and had everything actived on June 5th. The internet is working just fine, but I'm unable to watch TV because of the following message: "Your EXPLORER settop box is not AUTHORIZED for use." I've been unable to call about the issue. Now when I look at my services through my account, my TV services don't even show up as an option. It only shows that I have internet. I haven't recieved my first bill yet, and have no idea why I no longer have TV, along with the original issue of my settop box not being authorized. The internet has been great and haven't had any issues with it. The TV portion of my services, on the other hand, hasn't been functional at all. Any help on these two issues would be much appreciated.

Call CC and have the box provisioned....

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: Your EXPLORER settop box is not AUTHORIZED for use.

When you call the 800#. It will give you the choice to send a provisioning signal to the box. It can take up to 30 minutes. If it does not work. Then you will have to speak to a rep the second time around.