Community Forum

YES Network

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Problem Solver

Re: YES network not offered in MA

YES is a regional sports network, and is only authorized to carry its flagship programming, New York Yankees baseball and Brooklyn Nets baseball, in certain territories. These territories do not include the state of Massachusetts, which belongs to the Boston Red Sox and Boston Celtics.

Even if the network were carried, all Yankees and Nets programming would be blacked out.

In order to receive this programming through Comcast or any other provider in the Boston area, you will need to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings or NBA League Pass. Note that telecasts against the Red Sox and Celtics would be blacked out, requiring you to watch those with the Boston announcers on NESN and Comcast SportsNet New England, respectively.

New Poster

YES network not offered in MA

I am a new customer in the Boston area that switched from Diectv because the city in which I moved did not have high speed internet option other than Comcast. So as a new customer I just cannot understand how they cannot carry the YES network in the Boston area. All of their competitors carry this network so I find the reason for this baffling and just ridiculous. So many fans in this area would pay the extra cost to have them add this to their sport package. Comcast must highly consider doing this ASAP!!! As there is no reason today to have so many cable channels and not carry this network. Such a joke!!!!
Contributor

Re: YES Network

WPIX tv ch. 254 in New Jersey Shows mlb live games mets and yankees. Your area may have different number check for WPIX TV from New York.
New Poster

Guess us in 179 aren't worthy of seeing any Yankees games. Shame! But we can watch all those Hispanic channels. Was looking forward to the Yes Network coming back. 

Contributor

I just found out that channel 254 on comcast wpix from new york which is avaliable in south jersey broadcasts live games of mets and yankees. I checked their tv guide they don't show all yankees games according to the their guide but is better than nothing. The channel is only available in SD.
Problem Solver

State College definitely is out-of-market for the Yankees.

The Northeastern part of PA is in-market for the Yankees. However, I don't believe Comcast carried YES on the Williamsport, Lewisburg or Lock Haven systems before, so they wouldn't receive it now. YES will be coming back for Comcast subscribers in Scranton and Luzerne County.

The simple rule for what is in-market vs. out-of-market in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre market is that only things with zip codes starting in 18 have YES. 177 (Williamsport), 178 (Sunbury) and 179 (Pottsville) zip codes don't. The smaller cable companies through those areas don't carry YES either.

New Poster

ComcastTed,

What about the Central PA area (i.e. Williamsport, State College)?  I am assuming that isn't a New York market so no YES network then?

Official Employee

cinerama261 wrote:

Before Yes Network was dropped by Comcast, I had it with no special sports package. Is it available in Cromwell, CT? Do I have to buy a special package?

I am seeing YES available in your area on channel 32 and in HD on channel 1254.

YES is included in your current level of service. 

Frequent Visitor

Before Yes Network was dropped by Comcast, I had it with no special sports package. Is it available in Cromwell, CT? Do I have to buy a special package?

Official Employee

blewett wrote:

@ComcastTeds This answer is not strictly correct. As a former Comcast customer in Philadelphia, I used to receive YES Network. However, after 3+ hours on the phone today, it was disclosed to me that YES is NOT coming back to Philadelphia; it will be available in PA only in Scranton Wilkes-Barre. This is tremendously disappointing. Does Comcast have any plans to bring YES to frustrated fans in Philadelphia?

Apologies for any confusion. My answer is correct. I also spoke directly with our local programming team who confirmed that YES was not offered in your area.

Yankees games are available in the Philadelphia are via MLB Extra Innings.

We don't have any plans to bring YES into the Philadelphia television market. 

Valued Contributor

Did YES in Philadelphia include live games? I cannot believe the Phillies/76ers would allow live games from another market's regional sports network.

New Poster

@ComcastTeds This answer is not strictly correct. As a former Comcast customer in Philadelphia, I used to receive YES Network. However, after 3+ hours on the phone today, it was disclosed to me that YES is NOT coming back to Philadelphia; it will be available in PA only in Scranton Wilkes-Barre. This is tremendously disappointing. Does Comcast have any plans to bring YES to frustrated fans in Philadelphia?

Contributor

Same here Walshdad. Same here......

New Poster

Awesome that YES is back. Makes me a very happy man and I don't hsve to think about changing services. Thank you YES and Comcast for coming to your senses.

Official Employee

Jersey_Mike wrote:

I just found out that YES Network will be available on Comcast/Xfinity on March 31st.  Does this apply to ALL Comcast markets in New Jersey?  I'm in Atlantic County...will we be getting YES?

(a frustrated Yankees fan living amongst disgusting Phillies fans).

Hey now.

Not currently expected to be added in this area. Will be added back to the areas that previously carried this channel.

Yankees games are available out of market via the MLB Extra inning package. Free preview of MLB Extra Innings starts April 2 through April 9.   

Frequent Visitor

I just found out that YES Network will be available on Comcast/Xfinity on March 31st.  Does this apply to ALL Comcast markets in New Jersey?  I'm in Atlantic County...will we be getting YES?

(a frustrated Yankees fan living amongst disgusting Phillies fans).

Regular Visitor

Too be honest we pay way too much for a lot of channels we don't watch. It would be ideal to be able to pick and choose our own packages and pay accordingly. I look through the hundreds of channels I have and only regularly watch 15-20 of them.

Gold Problem Solver

joeinaflash wrote:

will I be able to add YES Network to my Xfinity account in South Florida? Will it be part of a sports bundle?

YES Network will not be available in the Florida market.

New Poster

YES Network

will I be able to add YES Network to my Xfinity account in South Florida? Will it be part of a sports bundle?

Frequent Visitor

Still waiting for my refund of a year and a half without the YES network even though I PAID for it!! I've got some case.

New Poster

It's been an entertaining Yankee preseason with all the new players getting playing time. Too bad Comcast still failing to broadcast YES. 

Frequent Visitor

It really doesn't matter whether Comcast offers YES or not!

I'm a long time Yankee Fan, now living in Southwest Florida. Since Comcast has not offered the YES Network down here, I was forced to find another option ... and I did!

I purchased a ROKU 3 Unit which has the MLB.TV Channel embedded. It's NOT a free channel but the cost is very affordable(There are other devices that can do this ... not to be discussed here).

You can elect a "single team" option for for $87.49/ year, which gives you both Spring Training and Regular Season games for THAT TEAM ... in my case the New York Yankees. (There's an option ALL TEAMS and even a monthly option, that I won't go into here).

To inprove the streaming, I purchased a MoCA Adapter for $99.00. This unit converts my coax  cord signal to an ethernet signal, improves the speed by almost three-fold, and eliminates buffering.

So now I watch the Yankeee games (Spring and Regular Season) with the "single team" rate. The only "black outs" are games covered on National Networks. Nice also is that there ar eNO COMMERCIALS!

If you are in the same boat, try it!

Official Employee

Re: Programming

TheHay wrote:

After YES Network returns after March 31st will it remain permanently or only be available during the Yankees regular season?

YES is expected to remain on the channel lineup after the baseball season. 

Regular Visitor

After YES Network returns after March 31st will it remain permanently or only be available during the Yankees regular season?

Official Employee

mikecos23 wrote:

Hello, will YES be added to the Xfinity line-ups in the Newtown, PA/Bucks Country area ?

Thank you.

Michael

Not currently expected to be added in this area. Will be added back to the areas that previously carried this channel.

In those areas, YES Network will be added to Digital Starter and XFINITY TV 450 Latino packages.

New Poster

Hello, will YES be added to the Xfinity line-ups in the Newtown, PA/Bucks Country area ?

Thank you.

Michael

Official Employee

nealgold1 wrote:

Will yes network be free or on what sports package in Boynton Beach, Florida. In addition what channel will it be on?

Not currently expected to be added in Florida. Will be added back to the areas that previously carried this channel.

In those areas, YES Network will be added to Digital Starter and XFINITY TV 450 Latino packages.

New Poster

Will yes network be free or on what sports package in Boynton Beach, Florida. In addition what channel will it be on?

Official Employee

Beachy2 wrote:

Thanks, Ted.  Can't wait.  What channel will it be on?

For your area of northeastern PA, YES will be on channel 66 and available in HD on channel 844. 

YES Network will be added to Digital Starter and XFINITY TV 450 Latino packages.

Thanks for your patience. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Ted.  Can't wait.  What channel will it be on?

Official Employee

raposad3 wrote:

When will th YES Network return

Returning on March 31. Thanks for your patience. 

New Poster

Programming

When will th YES Network return

New Poster

Re: Yes Network

Will the YES network be part of the digital starter package when it returns March 31?

Frequent Visitor

It's all settled Willl be back on the air evening of March 31
New Poster

Yes is coming back to Comcast. The latest date posted was March 31. Don't know why it's taken so long.

Valued Contributor

Re: The YES Network

March 31
New Poster

The YES Network

Will Comcast/Xfinity ever bring back the YES Network?

Expert

No, my reply was to read the first post in that long thread.  It tells you when to expect the return of YES.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

And your reply is look at history
Expert

Jmantone wrote:

Does anyone know when the YES network will be available

Read the first post in the very long "YES" thread.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

YES Network

Does anyone know when the YES network will be available

New Poster

When will YES ve available? Any updates yet?
New Poster

yes network

when will the yes network be back on the air in the scranton market?

Expert

nealgold1 wrote:

Is Comcast bringing back the Yes Network and if not will the NY Yankee games come in via Major League Extra Innings?

See this post

New Poster

Yes Network

Is Comcast bringing back the Yes Network and if not will the NY Yankee games come in via Major League Extra Innings?

Contributor

I subscribed to Sling TV as well for 20.00 a month to get the YES Network. One way or another I was not going to miss an entire season of Yankees baseball. 

Frequent Visitor

They won't do that à la cart thing but maybe once streaming starts catching catching on, that's how I got the Yankees last year. I streamed sling TV for 20 bucks a month
Visitor

I would rather see them allow customers to pick which channels they want to watch.
I probably only watch a dozen channels
Contributor

Walshdad5 wrote:
I was one of the biggest complainers when comcast dropped YES, so let me be among the 1st to thank comcast for finally coming to an agreement with the yes network.
For everyone complaining about the bill going up, it would be going up regardless, not just because of the yes channel.
Why don't you complain over the other garbage that we are forced to watch and pay for like rupaul and other shows like that.
Bottom line is that now us Yankees fans finally get to see our team. I will definitely renew my contract with comcast now.

Not happy paying for the other 150 channels I don't ever watch either. YES just happens to be one that we KNOW charges a substantial fee, just like ESPN. I'd like to see a package that drops ALL the sports programming, and I'd bet there are a lot of other people who would also appreciate such an option.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved: