Community Forum

XiD-P vs XG2v2-P Difference? Which is better

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

XiD-P vs XG2v2-P Difference? Which is better

I currently have a DVR (AR AX013ANM) in my livingroom.  I just purchased a new Samsung TV for bedroom and want cable and the ability to access recorded content from the DVR.  Ordered box from Comcast/Xfinity a X1 box for $9.95/mo.   As planned, I picked up the X1 box from their store (the XiD-P, a smaller box about size of Samsung Galaxy 8) and unplanned, received another X1 box via UPS (XG2v2-P, a larger box about 6" x 10") the next day.  So now two X1 boxes, one that needs to be returned.  The Xfinity phone tech said they are exacty same just software is newer on the XiD-P and I should use this one because it already shows on my account as activated (though I haven't installed yet).  The Xfinity store representative said the XiD-P said this box is more full featured...but no examples.   I don't trust the information I am receiving from Xfinity people I've talked to because of all the errors made on my account - details not important for this request.   Please help...which one is the better one to keep/use.

Official Employee

Re: XiD-P vs XG2v2-P Difference? Which is better

Opinions will be different but no functionality difference between the 2. If you do a lot of recording, keep the XG2.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: XiD-P vs XG2v2-P Difference? Which is better

I try not to disgree with Comcast Andrew however I not a big fan of the Xi boxes and I do not care for the idea of "tuner sharing".

In my opinion and considering they cost the same price, the XG2 is EASILY the more desirable X1 box (unless you really need a physically smaller box). I need additional audio connections that none of the Xi boxes have.

In my opinion an X1 "Companion" box should be a mirror image of the DVR itself and the XG2 is the closest X1 box to that goal.

SLS33 wrote:

I currently have a DVR (AR AX013ANM) in my livingroom.  I just purchased a new Samsung TV for bedroom and want cable and the ability to access recorded content from the DVR.  Ordered box from Comcast/Xfinity a X1 box for $9.95/mo.   As planned, I picked up the X1 box from their store (the XiD-P, a smaller box about size of Samsung Galaxy 8) and unplanned, received another X1 box via UPS (XG2v2-P, a larger box about 6" x 10") the next day.  So now two X1 boxes, one that needs to be returned.  The Xfinity phone tech said they are exacty same just software is newer on the XiD-P and I should use this one because it already shows on my account as activated (though I haven't installed yet).  The Xfinity store representative said the XiD-P said this box is more full featured...but no examples.   I don't trust the information I am receiving from Xfinity people I've talked to because of all the errors made on my account - details not important for this request.   Please help...which one is the better one to keep/use.