Community Forum

Xg1v4 static and black screen when watching 4k

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Xg1v4 static and black screen when watching 4k

I have changed the resolution to 4K and all of my hdmi cables are monster platinum black cables so not the issue there.

It has also been doing it when watching YouTube. After I unplug and replug the hdmi to the Comcast box it will play but I have to do that every time I turn on YouTube.
Official Employee

@Undxrtaker wrote:
Just got my XG1v4 and when I go to Netflix and try to watch any 4K content the screen flips back and forth from a black screen to a static screen. Unplugging and plugging back in the hdmi fixes the problem. I have a high quality 2.0 4K hdmi cable that works fine when playing 4K movies on my 4K player.

Edit: it isn’t just 4K content. It actually happens if I am scrolling Netflix and a preview/trailer plays and goes to the full screen it blacks out. As long as the preview plays while the list of shows is still up no problem but when it automatically goes full screen I lose my picture.

Did you go in and change the Video display of the dvr? 720p is the default.

Are you using your tv’s 4K HDMI port?

Silver Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@Undxrtaker wrote:
Just got my XG1v4 and when I go to Netflix and try to watch any 4K content the screen flips back and forth from a black screen to a static screen. Unplugging and plugging back in the hdmi fixes the problem. I have a high quality 2.0 4K hdmi cable that works fine when playing 4K movies on my 4K player.

Edit: it isn’t just 4K content. It actually happens if I am scrolling Netflix and a preview/trailer plays and goes to the full screen it blacks out. As long as the preview plays while the list of shows is still up no problem but when it automatically goes full screen I lose my picture.

I don't know if you got your problem solved yet, but you need a high quality 2.2 4K capable HDMI cable to work with Comcast 4K DVR.

Sometimes it is the TV's HDMI port that is the issue.  The HDMI cable that came with my 4k DVR works with my Vizio 4K TV.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

@Undxrtaker wrote:

I don't know if you got your problem solved yet, but you need a high quality 2.2 4K capable HDMI cable to work with Comcast 4K DVR.

Silver Problem Solver

Try resetting Netflix:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/netflix-x1-app-frozen

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Xg1v4 static and black screen when watching 4k