Community Forum

Xfinity xr15-uq remote pairing

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity xr15-uq remote pairing

My xfinity xr15 remote voice function doesn't work. I can change the channels using the buttons. When I try to use the voice function, I get a message that says first let's set up your remote. I say yes, and get a message that says let's set up your new remote by pressin g and holding the xfinity and info buttons for 5 seconds until the remote light turns from red to green. I have done that several times, but that's as far as I get. It does not go to another screen. The only thing I can do is to back out and use the remote without the voice function. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity xr15-uq remote pairing

Try resetting your XG2 and try the process again
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@Richardfolsom wrote:

My xfinity xr15 remote voice function doesn't work. I can change the channels using the buttons. When I try to use the voice function, I get a message that says first let's set up your remote. I say yes, and get a message that says let's set up your new remote by pressin g and holding the xfinity and info buttons for 5 seconds until the remote light turns from red to green. I have done that several times, but that's as far as I get. It does not go to another screen. The only thing I can do is to back out and use the remote without the voice function. Does anyone know how to fix this?

what is the model number of that set top box? the RNG150 companion set top box does not have RF capability nor internet apps.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

@Rustyben wrote:

@Richardfolsom wrote:

what is the model number of that set top box? the RNG150 companion set top box does not have RF capability nor internet apps.

Rustyben, see above

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.