Community Forum

Xfinity xbox app has NEVER worked for me. Error 7002

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Xbox error 7002 code

New Poster

Re: Xfinity xbox app has NEVER worked for me. Error 7002

So it's the year 2014 and this app still doesn't work. I'm sure this is enough evidence for a class action lawsuit. You can't just advertise a feature and then not provide it for well over 2 years.

New Poster

Mine is also not working erro code 7002

I need to app to start at the login page without login me in automatically. Because it stop working on my Xbox after I change my username and password online at comcast.com

Is Comcast working on the issue still?

New Poster

How did you do it?

I tried everything,

1 Delete the app

2 clear cache

3 delet profile/change gamertag

4 turn off

5 turn back on and re-download the app and still doesn't work.

In my case, it was working fine with the generic username and password comcast provided me. But after I went online on the computer and change my username and password, it stoped working.

New Poster

My app has been working again for about a week. Please continue to work!

New Poster

So my app no longer gives me the 7002 error code, but now every time I go to watch a show I gett the 4001 error code and cannot watch any show.  Just when I thought it would finally work for me Smiley Sad

New Poster

no

New Poster

My app has started working again.

New Poster

on demand not working for me 7002 code v1.39 xbox gamertag SsL x ZOMBIEMAN

EDIT: Removed personal information (e-mail address).

This will have to be done over the phone and you have to be at your Xbox. Please let me know if you still want to go through with the troubleshooting. 

New Poster

It's back up for me.  Thanks Comcast

New Poster

Yeah, it's happening to me too.

Comcast, could you maybe tell us what Code 7002 v1.39 means? I mean, I know we're not super cool high class techies but the majority of us are not stupid. Or maybe you just don't want to acknowledge that you screwed up. Either way, I believe either an explaination or an apology is owed to all of us.

Gamertag: imitebemidnite

Regular Visitor

I'm having this same issue been about a week since I've noticed but could have been going on for more then that. Gamertag: MamaSaucy

New Poster

For me it was working about a week and a half ago and then for the past week and a half i've gotten the error code 7002 every time ive tried it (and ive tried several times a day).  Also, the technical support is a joke.  This is very frustrating and I really hope comcast gets their act together soon or they will lose customers.  I don't understand how you can release an app that doesnt work....Thank you comcast for pretty much disappointing a long time customer in almost every way you possibly can.

New Poster

I as well am happy to report that it is currently working at my house as well.  Maybe a little venting was all I needed.  

Regular Visitor

Working at my house. 

Regular Visitor

Mine just started working again after talking to support on the phone an hour ago. They told me an engineer would be calling within 72 hours but its actually working right now. Lets see how long it lasts and I will keep all updated

Regular Visitor

In case you haven't, don't forget to email Comcast support, call them, and/or use online chat.  Start using up some support resources and maybe they'll start looking at it a little more seriously.

New Poster

Our gamer tag is masta ace iii
New Poster

Re: Error 7002 Servers unavailable (XBOX360 app)

Joe, add us to the list. No on demand on xbox with code 7002. Just shy of a week now.
New Poster

Quite depressing to read this 3 page thread and see the lack of respect shown to us the paying customer.  Comcast Joe, did you resolve everybody's issue when you copied and pasted the response that that would be contacted in 72 hours.  Where have you been for the last week or so as the reports keep piling up.  Instead of continuing to state that its us, our wireless set-ups (when most of us keep our boxes wired for stability) or some set of requirements (that I bet we all meet), just tell us something is wrong between you and Microsoft, and you have no idea when it'll be fixed.  Our better yet just tell us that it is not a priority, as the app is a free service that we didn't pay any extra for so it's repair is not that high on the list of things to fix.

I can handle a broken app, I can handle a lengthy repair cycle as you figure out that more of us watch on on our consoles then your cable box.  But I have trouble reading a thread building since May, and not once have you COMCAST JOE stated that there is an issue on your end.  MSFL had it right, admit your app is busted, over capacity, or whatever, and spare us the reinstall the app speech.  Tell us it's broke and let us know when it's fixed.

New Poster

Plenty of issues, with no resolution. Let me know if you hear a fix.

New Poster

Some of the dumbest customer service I have ever experienced has occured with comcast in the last 2 weeks. I have seen nothing but posts from paying customers since March on this one topic alone with no resolution yet distributed from the service provider to the customer. Error 7002 should be the motto of this failing lack luster company. Oh to be king for a day....Hire someone who speaks english in your technician department. Stop trying to sell me something that doesn't address my problem and just admit that your App has failed and remove it from XBOX live servers if you can't figure out how to make it work. I joined Comcast for the sole purpose of faster internet and the XBOX capabilities. I already regret that change from DSL to you all in the name of speed. If not resolved soon, It is a regret I will not suffer long. Soon to be Ex-Customer with another Hate Comcast Facebook page,

Brooks Perez

New Poster

I've been having the same issue for over a week now. Service was working fine and then one day it just stops. Every time I try to sign in now, it gives me Code 7002 v1.39. GamerTag is forum name. Please help!

Frequent Visitor

Xbox error 7002 for almost 2 weeks now

As the title says, I've been unable to access Xfinity on Demand on my Xbox 360 for roughly 2 weeks. I've uninstalled the app, reset my modem and router, etc etc. I'm able to access on demand in my browser, and I was previously able to use it on the xbox. All other streaming apps on the Xbox (ESPN, MLB, Hulu Plus) work fine. Help, please.

New Poster

I also started getting this error 3 days ago. Never had any problems before. GT: AMWKID3

New Poster

Im getting the same 7002 error for about 5 days now. Gamer tag: iPreferKING

Regular Visitor

when is this error 7002 gonna be fixed????? thats all the comcast people wanna know

Regular Visitor

Worked fine until a few days ago. Now I get the 7002 error.Gamertags is brianwt66.

New Poster

My xbox xfinity OnDemand has also stopped working. Error code 7002. Gamertage: USG YogiTheBear. thanks in advance Joe

New Poster

Ditto.....this was working fine until about a week ago and no changes on my end. I pay for the service I have to utilize this and other apps. When things like this have happened with other companies apps, they were immediately taken care of and they refunded myself and other affected customers for the time their service was down. Definitely builds consumer confidence and loyalty more.

New Poster

Add me to the list too.  No Xfinity.  I cancelled Hulu Plus for Xfinity on Xbox.  

GT The Nickellator

New Poster

First, just to clarify-this is a major problem happening either all over the US on XBOX 360 app or in certain areas. No matter what you do, there is no fix for this individually. This is clearly a COMCAST/XBOX issue that is not being adressed in a timely manner. Mine has been out about 10 days. I deleted app and redownloaded and no change-same 7002 message. Also, on past posts back from beginning of year, COMCAST JOE keeps referencing do you meet the XFINITY standards for watching COMCAST on the XBOX. These are 2 seperate issues and is misinformation. The post with directions and requirements is to use your XBOX 360 as an actual cable box for watching live XFINITY shows in place of a cable box. This has nothing to do with the XBOX/XFINITY app. I have XFINITY service but no XFINITY DSL-it has nothing to do with the app. I have been using the app since it was released and works perfectly up until last 10 days.

The app needs nothing to use except an XBOX LIVE account and a current XFINITY account to use the ON DEMAND app from XBOX. Therefore, I keep seeing these issues confused. I can guarantee you-if you see the 7002 message, there is nothing you can do until XFINITY & XBOX fix it on their servers so please don;t waste your time troubleshooting or bothering with tech support who do not even seem knowledgable of this app as they refer to troubleshooting for wireless and using as a cable box-2 different issues and wasting your time. Bottom Line: The 2 parties need to prioritize and get this service fixed for all of us. It is very frustrating and part of our service from both companies and someone needs to figure this out immediately. It should be a one day issue and then resolved. I am increasingly frustrated not being able to use the service on a daily basis and starting to get my twitchy as it is used on a regular basis. To me, it shows the lack of caring by both and I can guarantee that thousands of us are affected now based on increased postings in last week or so on here and other forums other than this. Someone at XBOX & XFINITY needs to realize it does not come across very well with first the lack of knowledge that no one seems to know what is going on and second the lack of action to correct. Please show us that you care about our paid services.

New Poster

I am having the same problem, cannot log in, I have deleted and re-installed.  Same error as everyone else Server unavailable. 

My game tag is: MX GUY93

Regular Visitor

Same problem here, at least 3 days of nothing but 7002 errors after 2 deletes.  Irrenarzt is my gamertag.

New Poster

My Xbox started displaying the 7002 code at the beginning of this week and I have not been able to use the app.  I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling and nothing happens.  I have turned off the Xbox and trying again but nothing happens.  My gamertag is QUATABLACK, please update me if there is an actual fix for this.  After reading all the posts on this forum it does not look like there is any resolution to the problem.

New Poster

This is really annoying. Any update on the fix.  What do I need to do to fix this? I tried deleting and reinstalling the app on xbox. Everything else works fine (Netflix, HBOGO). 7002 v1.39.  I have the Ipad app and it works fine on there. Please let me know what to do.

Thanks

Regular Visitor

This is happening to me, too. So very frustrating. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache, reset router, and nothing. Gamertag bama3416. Thank you. Might want to think about rolling back that Mandatory update because I was working fine before the update.

x2

New Poster

This is happening to me, too. So very frustrating. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache, reset router, and nothing. Gamertag Xyrana. Thank you.

New Poster

I just started getting error 7002 a few days ago. My gamertag is VincentVega2517 and I have already tried reinstalling the app, resetting my equipment, and clearing the cache. What next? Please help. I miss my Xfinity On Demand.

Frequent Visitor

I once again got this error, but I was able to resolve it by reseting my modem.  I did a reset, not a power cycle.  Once it came back up and connected backwith comcast, I was able to watch my comcast shows via the Xbox again.

For good measue I reset my access point but I doubt this was needed.

New Poster

Its still not working.

Would it be best to just call Comcast? To ask what the problem is, and if its fixable?

New Poster

Error code 7002

Same as everyone else, Exocet xfinity worked fine For a while, then my login information wouldn't work unless i signed in from a computer.. With the same login info that wouldn't work elsewhere. Now error code 7002. Deleted and downloaded the app again, checked online... No status updates? Error code for about a week now.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Error code 7002

I've had the same problem here too for a few days. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, signed in and out, etc.

New Poster

FWIW:

The 7002 error showed up about 5 days ago. Comcast telephone support was of little help.

Tonight I reset the Comcast modem and my router.

It seems to have fixed the error, if even temporarily.

-KJ

New Poster

I'm sorry my gamertag is Digitas Maximus
New Poster

I'm having the same 7002 error code and I meet all the requirements. My gamer tag is: Digit as Maximus
New Poster

have uninstalled 3 times, still doesn't work.

New Poster

Hi Joe,

I uninstalled the Xfinity App from my xbox completely. Then I redownloaded it and it didn't even ask me to sign in or anything. All it asked me was for an update. I have tried keeping the app without the update but it won't let me use the app. So I have no choice but to do the update everytime I download the app. The message I see everytime I click to use the app is the following:

Star of quote: Our XFINITY server are temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later or visit http://xfinity.com/xbox for more information.

Code 7002

V1.39

End of quote.

I have just received the new Gateway Wireless for internet so I hope that the new router/modem is not the problem. Please advice me in what I should do next.

P.S

Thank You

New Poster

I have uninstalled and downloaded the app again to my xbox, but keep recieving the same notice. My hbogo app seems to be working fine, its only the xfinity app thats not workng. 

New Poster

I removed everything under the xfinity app and redownloaded. Did not work. But it didn't ask for my login information, so maybe there are other hidden files to delete?