Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity xbox app has NEVER worked for me. Error 7002

Regular Visitor

Xfinity xbox app has NEVER worked for me. Error 7002

Has anybody else had this issue? I've never been able to use this app since it was released. I always get to the Verification screen and then I get a message that the comcast servers are down. Error message 7002. I tried to call comcast but they had no idea and told me to try again later. . Only thing is I have been trying since March when the app was released!!! Please any kind of help would be great.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity App for XBOX - Code 7002

I found out about the app and loaded it.  It ran fine yesterday. Today after waiting for validation I get the following message:  "Our Xfinity servers are temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.  Please try again later or visit http://xfinity.com/xbox for more information. 

Code7002

Really?  All day severs are down? Also the URL for the actually incorrect. 

What does code 7002 actually mean and is this so good everyone is on it and the servers are overwhelmed?

Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: Xfinity App for XBOX - Code 7002

I also get this message as well.  Removed the app, and re-installed it.  Same error message.  Sometimes I can get to the actual guide, and other times it hangs at the validition screen, but it always ends with Code 7002--servers temporarily unavailable.  

Official Employee

Our team is looking into this for you. I will update this thread when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Any update yet?

Frequent Visitor

Update on other thread was to delete and try again.  I did and same Code 7002.  Curious as to what 7002 means.   As of this afternoon there has been no word from Comcast so most probably no updates the rest of the week. 

New Poster

I have been having the same problem. It worked for a week or so now I keep getting error code 7002. Something kept popping up before when I loaded it. It only stayed up a few seconds. Something about help ehance app or something like that. The day I clicked the box is the day it stopped working. Please resolve

New Poster

Xbox error 7002 code

when i logon to the xbox app  get a error code of 7002  but the servers are up 

New Poster

I'm getting code 7002 over and over as well. Is this a server load issue? Any idea when you'll have more servers online to handle the traffic? I'd really like to get this to work.

New Poster

I have had two tickets opened for this issue. Every time I call to check the status (because I never receive a callback when promised) I am told its been sent to the "vendor" for research. But there's no way I can speak to this vendor to help resolve the issue. All I can do is call back in every day and make a new ticket. That's been the only advice provided by the Xbox support team. The person I spoke with today said the amount of time my ticket has been opened was the longest he has ever seen. What else do I have to do to get this resolved?
Frequent Visitor

Tried the app last night and it worked well.  Hopefully it will continue to work as advertised.  Thanks for fixing COMCAST very nice app!

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity xbox app has NEVER worked for me. Error 7002

kiki052005 wrote:

Has anybody else had this issue? I've never been able to use this app since it was released. I always get to the Verification screen and then I get a message that the comcast servers are down. Error message 7002. I tried to call comcast but they had no idea and told me to try again later. . Only thing is I have been trying since March when the app was released!!! Please any kind of help would be great.

The Xfinity TV App for Xbox has some very specific requirements. Please go to the link below and make sure that you meet all the requirements:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Xbox-360-FAQ/td-p/1238627

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I have had the same message come up for over a week telling me to try later. I've gone to the website provided and it says the servers are up. My app worked fine before last week and I meet all the requirements listed in your post. Deleted and uninstalled the app twice. Is there anything else to try. I really like and miss the xfinity app
New Poster

I am trying to see when the error code 7002 will be updated. My specs match what is being requested and was just on it as of two days ago and now cannot access it thru my xbox. Please assist

New Poster

I've had this problem since last week, as well.  The app worked fine for me up until then. I have deleted and reinstalled it multiple times with and without restarting, cleared my system cache and redownloaded it, restored my xbox to it's original settings and redownloaded, all to no avail.  I'm REALLY upset about it, since I hadn't been using gold lately and ONLY upgraded to it again so I could use this app to watch TV in my room, after giving up on getting a box in here because the guy that installs comcast for our apartment complex is a con artist ( which, for the record, isn't actually comcasts fault, but they could be pickier about which contractors they choose to do business with.) Fortunately, HBO go still works. Has anyone with this error message actually had it resolved?

Official Employee

Hi all,

Our team is currently looking into your issues. Someone will reach out to you for further assistancewithin the next 48 hours.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I meet all requirements. Are there any updates yet?
Regular Visitor

I'm still at a stand still. It's very frustrating to see my friends use the app with no problem. I even opted in to make my experience better and am at a loss on what to do. Has anyone with error code 7002 been able to do anything?
Official Employee

kiki052005 wrote:
I meet all requirements. Are there any updates yet?

Our team is further looking into your issue.

CrashBobOmb: Our team called on 5/10 and someone confirmed that the issue was resolved. Are you still having this issue?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I was just using the xfinity on demand a couple of days ago without an issue and now all of a sudden I get this 7002 error.  Anyone know how to fix this? 

Official Employee

parkerla wrote:

I was just using the xfinity on demand a couple of days ago without an issue and now all of a sudden I get this 7002 error.  Anyone know how to fix this? 

You already have a ticket open for this. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Sorry Joe, I didn't realize that asking for assistance in more than one location was forbidden.

Regular Visitor

Sorry for the late response. I still can't access the app. Code 7002. Thanks for the help
Official Employee

CrashBobOmb wrote:
Sorry for the late response. I still can't access the app. Code 7002. Thanks for the help

Our team is opening your ticket back up. Someone will reach out to you to by phone to help you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Mine is also not working.  i meet all the requirements and it worked up until a few days ago.  Please help

Official Employee

Blader41 wrote:

Mine is also not working.  i meet all the requirements and it worked up until a few days ago.  Please help

Our team is looking into it. I will update you when I know more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I had successfully used the Xfinity app before, but it is no longer working for me. I have a gold Xbox live account, and I have tried to run it on all 4 of my Xboxes. I get error code 7002 every time. I do meet the requirements as listed in the post above. I have also deleted the app a couple of times and reinstalled.
Official Employee

remix2112 wrote:
I had successfully used the Xfinity app before, but it is no longer working for me. I have a gold Xbox live account, and I have tried to run it on all 4 of my Xboxes. I get error code 7002 every time. I do meet the requirements as listed in the post above. I have also deleted the app a couple of times and reinstalled.

What is your Xbox Live Gamertag?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

ComcastJoe,

I keep gettting Error 7002 when my 360 tries to "Validate" my configuration.  I used the app before.  My gamer tag is Twisted Tony

Official Employee

ARamos2970 wrote:

ComcastJoe,

I keep gettting Error 7002 when my 360 tries to "Validate" my configuration.  I used the app before.  My gamer tag is Twisted Tony

Our team is looking into your issue. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Still not working!!!! Verizon is working All the time What is going on???Do i have to switch my provider?! DO SOMETHING!
Silver Problem Solver

do you meet these requirements

XFINITY® TV on Xbox 360® Installation:

• Q: I heard I can now watch On Demand TV shows and movies with XFINITY® TV directly on my Xbox 360®. How do I do that?
  • A:  To watch XFINITY TV directly on your Xbox 360 you need the following:    
    • XFINITY TV with On Demand
    • XFINITY Internet Service
    • An Xbox 360 console and Xbox LIVE Gold subscription
    • XFINITY TV App installed (the XFINITY TV App is available from the Xbox Marketplace)
    • The primary account holder's Comcast ID or Comcast.net address and password        
    •  you cannot be an xfinity business class customer
New Poster

Yes I meet all these requirements and the app hasn't worked properly in well over a month and a half. I don't know what else to do. Code 7002 is all I get and I have taken out the app and reinstalled it multiple times. HBO Go works fine but not Xfinity.

New Poster

Error 7002 Servers unavailable (360 app)

I've encountered this error a couple of weeks ago and shrugged it off as a problem with Comcast servers. Fast forward to today and I'm still getting the same error. Their servers couldn't have been down for this long so what gives?

Xfinity TV app have always worked fine for me on the Xbox 360 for the last few months. So what could possibly be happening on my end for me to receive this error? 

Regular Visitor

I didn't realize you replied to me in here. I actually got it to work for 3 days! It's no longer working now & still giving me error 7002 on xbox live.

Frequent Visitor

I just started getting error 7002 a few days ago. It started after I agreed for to participate in quality improvement. My gamertag is gauderio and I have already tried reinstalling the app, resetting my equipment, and clearing the cache. What next?

Moving in the near future - hopefully will be same to get FIOS...
Official Employee

Re: Error 7002 Servers unavailable (360 app)

fayebt & monrose3137,

What is your Xbox Live Gamertags? Once I get these, I will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

gauderio1,

Please private message me your Xbox Live Gamertag and Comcast.net e-mail address (this is not your hotmail.com address) or account number so I can further assist you.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Re: Error 7002 Servers unavailable (360 app)

My Xbox Live gamertag is Rockafela9.

Still getting the error so any help would greatly be appreciated. 

New Poster

Re: Error 7002 Servers unavailable (XBOX360 app)

Hey Joe!

I have been getting this error 7002 for days now too. Are you fixing these one person at a time or something???

gamertag:

picasso2k8 

Regular Visitor

I'm getting this issue as well. App worked fine on my Xbox up until a few days ago, now I keep getting this error 7002.

The gamertag is TeejayMac if that helps at all.

Regular Visitor

I'm also having the same problem.

GamerTag: roog

Official Employee

monrose3137, pdmaness, amahmed, and dqb17,

Our team is looking into your issues now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I received a phone call early this week asking if I was still having trouble, which I am, but have not had the issue resolved. I have been checking daily and continue to get the same error. Is Comcast working on this?
I was hopeful when I the app had an update a couple days ago, but now the only difference is my error screen shows me a version number under the error code.
Regular Visitor

No one has ever called me. I tried opening a ticket ID# 32575823, but they tried to sell me Xfinity Signature support. I'm pretty sure this should work. It's not like i'm configuring a PC. The xbox works with HBO/Netflix/Hulu Plus and general gaming, so I fail to see what how Xfinity Signature support is going to solve the issue.

Here's my awesome chat with Xfinity Support:

Welcome to Xfinity Signature Support

You are now waiting to chat with a Tech Expert.

A Tech Expert has arrived to assist you.

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:40 AM]: Hello and thank you for contacting Xfinity Signature Support, your fee-based, expanded in-home technology support. My name is Kia . How may I help you today?

You [6/25/2012 9:41 AM]: hi my xbox xfinity application always errors out

You [6/25/2012 9:41 AM]: it says out xfinity servers are temporatily unavailable

You [6/25/2012 9:41 AM]: code 7002

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:41 AM]: Thank you for that information.

You [6/25/2012 9:41 AM]: v1.39

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:41 AM]: I’m not sure I fully understood the nature of your problem. 

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:41 AM]: Here is a list of problems our customers commonly face: 

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:41 AM]: 1) You’re having trouble connecting wirelessly to your home network You’re having password issues with your home network. 

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:41 AM]:  2) You just got a router or laptop and you’re trying to set it up. 

You [6/25/2012 9:41 AM]: well it has said this for the last 2 weeks

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:41 AM]: 3) Your computer is running very slow and/or you may have a virus. 

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:42 AM]:  Do any of these apply to you? If not, can you please describe the problem you’re facing in more detail?

You [6/25/2012 9:42 AM]: the xfinity application on the xbox 360 doesn't work

You [6/25/2012 9:42 AM]: it generates an error everytime i try to use it

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:43 AM]: and just to verify, are you now using wireless connection?

You [6/25/2012 9:43 AM]: nope not wireless

You [6/25/2012 9:44 AM]: i can use the internet on the xbox just fine

You [6/25/2012 9:44 AM]: just can't get the xfinity application to work

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:46 AM]: I see. Thanks for clarifying.

You [6/25/2012 9:46 AM]: sure thing

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:47 AM]: We can help you to configure your wireless network to have your xbox connected to Xfinity..

You [6/25/2012 9:47 AM]: the xbox isn't connected wirelessly

You [6/25/2012 9:47 AM]: it's connected directly through my router to the comcast cable modem

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:48 AM]: I believe we have the right solution for you. Other customers who have the same issue purchase our Wireless Networking with Maintenance.

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:48 AM]: https://signaturesupport.xfinity.com/personal-tech/personal-tech-plans/maintenance-networking-bundle

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:48 AM]: This is an affordable subscription that has our technician remotely connect to your computer to properly set up, secure, and resolve your wireless network issue today as well as assist you in maintaining it on an on-going 24×7 basis. 

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:48 AM]: With this package we’ll install a program that continuously fine-tunes settings to make sure your system runs efficiently as well as provide 5 “live” assisted tune-ups each year.

You [6/25/2012 9:49 AM]: my gaming console is already connected to the internet

You [6/25/2012 9:49 AM]: i don't need help with that

You [6/25/2012 9:49 AM]: what i need help is why your xfinity xbox 360 program doesn't work

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:50 AM]: We can configure the network to have it worked on your Xbox

You [6/25/2012 9:51 AM]: the Xbox is already connected to the internet

You [6/25/2012 9:52 AM]: HBO Go/Netflix/Hulu Plus all work just fine

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:52 AM]: Because you are an existing Comcast subscriber, this option is only $9.95 per month with a one-time enrollment fee of $39. To order or find out more, please call 1 (866) 556-3337

You [6/25/2012 9:52 AM]: Xfinity is the only application that doesnt

You [6/25/2012 9:52 AM]: that doesn't make any sense

You [6/25/2012 9:53 AM]: so there is no support if your application doesn't work?

Tech Expert [6/25/2012 9:53 AM]: If you still need help, please call us at 1 (866) 557-4686. Thank you for contacting Xfinity Signature Support and have a great day!

The Tech Expert has been temporarily disconnected.

New Poster

I did get a phone call and message that said the ticket has been open for a while so they are closing it.  Not that it was fixed, just it had been open for a while.  great customer service!

Official Employee

Blader41 wrote:

I did get a phone call and message that said the ticket has been open for a while so they are closing it.  Not that it was fixed, just it had been open for a while.  great customer service!

Our team should of called you three times and left a call back number the two times before. Did you ever speak to them?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I've been recieving this problem for some time now. It used to work when I first got it and now it doesn't which seems to be the problem that everyone else it having. I meet all the requirements necessary for running this app as well. My xbox gamertag is HAROBOWMAN.

Official Employee

FairladyZ1969 wrote:

I've been recieving this problem for some time now. It used to work when I first got it and now it doesn't which seems to be the problem that everyone else it having. I meet all the requirements necessary for running this app as well. My xbox gamertag is HAROBOWMAN.

Try signing out then signing back in and let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I signed on and got an update. Still not working, Code 7002 v.1.39 now. My username is my gamertag.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community