Community Forum

Xfinity wifi only?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity wifi only?

I am trying to use the app on my IPhone with the 3G network. Am I only able to use it on wifi? If I can use on 3G what am I doing wrong? Thanks
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity wifi only?

Tiffrobertson80 wrote:
I am trying to use the app on my IPhone with the 3G network. Am I only able to use it on wifi? If I can use on 3G what am I doing wrong? Thanks

I am sorry but you must be on Wi-Fi to watch videos on the XFINITY TV App. It will not work on 3G.

Adding 3G video playback is something we are considering for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

now that the iPhone 5 uses LTE it would be nice if this restriction was removed.

Hulu, Neflix, HBOGo & MAXGo let us use either one.

I'm sure most of us can manage how much 3G/4G we use so we don't have overages.

thanks!

Official Employee

pomendoza wrote:

now that the iPhone 5 uses LTE it would be nice if this restriction was removed.

Hulu, Neflix, HBOGo & MAXGo let us use either one.

I'm sure most of us can manage how much 3G/4G we use so we don't have overages.

thanks!

We are working on this but I have no timetable or launch date at this time. I will update you when I know more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

When I first got this service it worked fine on 3g/4g. You guys messed up a good thing.
What's the point of remote viewing if you can't watch it remotely. DirecTv, Dish Network, and others allow it. You guys suck. Put it back how it was!! If it ain't broke don't fix it.
New Poster

It's very interesting to me that I can watch the "WATCH ESPN" App on my iPhone 5 using LTE, but I cannot access the ESPN section on the "XFinity TO GO" App unless I am connected by WiFi.  It's the same content, and both require a premium channel sucscription at Comcast.  How can ESPN be available thru one on LTE, and not the other?  What dunderhead made that decision?

New Poster

It's 2014 and 4g is now available on cellular connections why can't I watch videos?
Tags (2)
New Poster

I use the xfinity app on an Ouya.  I want to connect via an ethernet cable, but the xfinity app will only work with wifi.  Please allow me to connect via ethernet.  This issue will (probably) also affect the amazon android tv boxes (fire box?).