Community Forum

Xfinity tv App has mind of its own

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity tv App has mind of its own

Program/show will work fine on tv, but watching tv go on computer is bad.  Will work for a few minutes, buffers, then start at beginning. Internet connection is fine.  Unless I close out of app, it will play on its own.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity tv App has mind of its own

I am hoping ComcastDan will reply because I am having this issue as well!

Official Employee

Jace81 wrote:

Program/show will work fine on tv, but watching tv go on computer is bad.  Will work for a few minutes, buffers, then start at beginning. Internet connection is fine.  Unless I close out of app, it will play on its own.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Sorry you are having trouble. Can you or Jashtiani provide more information about what type of content you are attempting to watch when these issues occur?  Is it Live, On Demand, Purchases, or Cloud DVR?  Also, what do you mean "it will play on its own"?

Occasional buffering is to be expected but should be minimal. Some customers in certain areas (Detroit and Twin Cities) are experiencing issues with corrupt Cloud DVR recordings.  Is that what you are referring to?

-ComcastDan

Frequent Visitor

ComcastDan, this has happened for me only on CloudDVR. The video will play, then buffer, then go back to beginning. It will not play the beginning, but it just shows the first image of the first second, then it goes back to where I was watching. After that, the process may repeat again. Does that help? How can we fix this issue or solve this issue?