Community Forum

Xfinity pxd01ani (XiD-P) IR Codes

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity pxd01ani (XiD-P) IR Codes

I'm wondering if anyone is able to provide working IR codes for the Xfinity Pace pxd01ani (XiD-P) receiver?  I'm working with a 3rd party commercial control system that just had the cable receivers upgraded by Comcast.  All of our old IR codes work, except for the numbers [0-9].  The Xfinity XR2 remotes are not outputting a signal that we can decipher IR HEX codes from. I've tried performing the RF to IR switch (hold setup until green, input 987) and am still not reading IR/HEX from the remote.  The previous receiver model was the RNG110 which used the same XR2 remote.

I've read posts about being RF and not IR, but I know their is at least some IR communication based on our ability to have "some" control from our control processor through an IR emitter to the XiD-P cable receiver.

Expert

Re: Xfinity pxd01ani (XiD-P) IR Codes

jaylambert wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone is able to provide working IR codes for the Xfinity Pace pxd01ani (XiD-P) receiver?  I'm working with a 3rd party commercial control system that just had the cable receivers upgraded by Comcast.  All of our old IR codes work, except for the numbers [0-9].  The Xfinity XR2 remotes are not outputting a signal that we can decipher IR HEX codes from. I've tried performing the RF to IR switch (hold setup until green, input 987) and am still not reading IR/HEX from the remote.  The previous receiver model was the RNG110 which used the same XR2 remote.

I've read posts about being RF and not IR, but I know their is at least some IR communication based on our ability to have "some" control from our control processor through an IR emitter to the XiD-P cable receiver.

any standard remote emulation should work like the Xr2 xr5 xr11 xr15 (voice control won't work of course)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: Xfinity pxd01ani (XiD-P) IR Codes

The previous RNG110 receivers used the XR2 remotes, which was used to capture the IR HEX codes for the control system. If nothing else has changed then the original XR2 code should still work with the XiD-P, but it doesn't - everything works EXCEPT the numbers. 

Rustyben wrote:

jaylambert wrote:

any standard remote emulation should work like the Xr2 xr5 xr11 xr15 (voice control won't work of course)

The previous RNG110 receivers used the XR2 remotes, which was used to capture the IR HEX codes for the control system. If nothing else has changed then the original XR2 code should still work with the XiD-P, but it doesn't - everything works EXCEPT the numbers.