Community Forum

Xfinity home page videos do not play.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity home page videos do not play.

I click on a video link on the home page in IE, Chrome or FF. I'm taken to a new tab, the video thumbnail is hightlighted and reads "currently playing", but nothing is playing. There is just a large black square area where the video should be. 

http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/August-Osage-County-Actress-Confirmed-Dead/344148035994/Comcast/Tod...

I have no problems with videos on any other site but Comcast's home page. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity home page videos do not play.

Same exact problem here.

Regular Visitor

I started complaining about the commercials inserted between videos.  Said I didn't enjoy paying to be subjected to commercials, usually the same one over and over again.  Not long after that, I could no longer play the website videos.   Coincedence?  Any other complainers that can no longer play the videos?

Frequent Visitor

Once again, this problem has re-occurred. Videos are no longer playing. If Comcast can't be consistent with their performance, it would be better to ditch the feature rather than having recurring problems which annoy customers even more.