Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity box and Sony receiver

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity box and Sony receiver

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a new Sony str-dn1080 receiver that will not connect with the cable box. I had a tech come out to take a look and h could not figure out what was wrong. The cable box will work if it is directly hooked up to the tv, but thru the receiver I get no picture or sound, just a black screen. I’ve tried other HDMI wires I had laying areound and still have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution? I’m at my wits end. My old receiver was a demon and I never had this problem
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity box and Sony receiver

Have you tried Sony support?

New Poster

I just exchanged /upgraded my Motorola RNG TV box with a Pace and Samsung XG2 TV box. (Comcast Cable boxes shown here:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-hub-vs-companion-box/).  I now have the exact same problem. My Sony str-dn 1080 worked with the Motorola box per Sony's setup guide. I have no solution yet.

New Poster

I have the same problem with my Sony STR-DN1080 and my xfinity Motorola DCX3400 cable box. All other sources work fine with the Sony. The Sony is not recognizing the HDMI signal from the cable box.
New Poster

Never mind, it finally decided to start working after I powered down the cable box a couple of times.