Community Forum

Xfinity app not allowing use of myDVR function

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity app not allowing use of myDVR function

I downloaded the Xfinity app to my BB just yesterday.  I've selected several live sports programs and TV series for recording.  After hitting the Record function, I'm shown the option to "Activate Now".  After several seconds I receive a message "myDVR could not process your request.  Please try again."  Any recommendations?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity app not allowing use of myDVR function

dkzehner wrote:

I downloaded the Xfinity app to my BB just yesterday.  I've selected several live sports programs and TV series for recording.  After hitting the Record function, I'm shown the option to "Activate Now".  After several seconds I receive a message "myDVR could not process your request.  Please try again."  Any recommendations?

Hello,

First of do you have the xfinity triple play and do you have the motorola dvr box and what type of blackberry with os are you using?

Where are you picking up these live sport programs and tv series for recording. The only show you can record are from your tv listing which are on your phone menu screen.

New Poster

Yes I have Triple Play and a Motorola HD DVR box.  I have a BB 9800 smartphone (Torch), 6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105)

Silver Problem Solver

did you go online and synch your account to the dvrs, it takes a few days to get them to synch before you can actually use it,   look in your menu on the box, you will see a new option when they syncy, I believe its called interactive service or something like that.

New Poster

I've gone into the DVR manager option online and it always reads "Syncing in Progress."  I've logged in several times over past 4 months and it always reads this way.

Official Employee

dkzehner,

I can help you from here.

Please send the following information in a private message so we can further assist you.

We ask you to PM us because we don't want you to release your private information in a public forum.

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Make and model of your set-top box:

Please also include a link to this thread so we can accurately track your issue.

reasd & rog286713,

Thank you for all your help.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!