Community Forum

Xfinity and live sports (NBA, Golf, Hockey...so far)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Xfinity and live sports (NBA, Golf, Hockey...so far)

Dear Xfinity and community.  I have had three or four phone calls with customer service.....had a tech physically come out, and have rebooted my X1 device more times than I care to count.  I have a new Sony XBR900e 4k tv that looks amazing.........EXCEPT when live sports are on.  Then it looks like the definition is something I would see from a 30 year old VHS tape being played on a 40 year old TV.  

• WHY???  Why cant this get fixed.  
  • Yes - I went through all the settings with sony on the phone.  Every single channel, app, video game, dvd, etc, look amazing.
  • Live sports are just plain garbage

I have been reading about compression issues and MPEG being a Xfinity issue.  

I really, really need this to get fixed or will be cancelling my agreement and going to DirecTVnow.  

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity and live sports (NBA, Golf, Hockey...so far)

@bigbowz wrote:

Dear Xfinity and community.  I have had three or four phone calls with customer service.....had a tech physically come out, and have rebooted my X1 device more times than I care to count.  I have a new Sony XBR900e 4k tv that looks amazing.........EXCEPT when live sports are on.  Then it looks like the definition is something I would see from a 30 year old VHS tape being played on a 40 year old TV.  

• WHY???  Why cant this get fixed.  
  • Yes - I went through all the settings with sony on the phone.  Every single channel, app, video game, dvd, etc, look amazing.
  • Live sports are just plain garbage

I have been reading about compression issues and MPEG being a Xfinity issue.  

I really, really need this to get fixed or will be cancelling my agreement and going to DirecTVnow.  

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Is it true that your TV does NOT have a tuner that you can use with an antenna?  I'm very curious to know what OTA looks like on a 4k TV (I don't have one).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity and live sports (NBA, Golf, Hockey...so far)

I just got the 4k X1 Xfinity tuner....it makes ZERO difference with sports.  Im 95% going to switch services due to this.  I cant believe that Xfininty does not have the capacity to make HD actually HD with live sports.