Community Forum

Xfinity X1 remote and Link to cell

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity X1 remote and Link to cell

no that is not the answer - it is only when I am the Link 2 Cell phones. When it use it must interfere with the signal from the remote but it only happens in one room and the other remote in the other room when on the phone works fine but that is the one with the X1 so maybe it is the extender that causes the problem

Expert

Re: Xfinity X1 remote and Link to cell

RosieG wrote:

I have X1 and Link to cell phones, while I am on the phone the volume control does not work on the remote, pausing & changing channels work. Any ideas? I have the little box and the main X1 in another room has no problems while on the phone. Also I have the cell phones plugged in near the box and I thought they were interferring and moved them and no change.

the X1 remote works with RF so has to be pointed to the TV to change the volume. Does the TV voume change work when not on the phone? does the TV's remote work to change volume when you are on the phone?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Visitor

Xfinity X1 remote and Link to cell

I have X1 and Link to cell phones, while I am on the phone the volume control does not work on the remote, pausing & changing channels work. Any ideas? I have the little box and the main X1 in another room has no problems while on the phone. Also I have the cell phones plugged in near the box and I thought they were interferring and moved them and no change.