Community Forum

Xfinity TV app is unusable

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Xfinity TV app is unusable

Xfinity TV app on Google Asus Nexus 7 (2012) - version 1.5.0.052

Here are my problems:

1) Recordings listed on tablet do not match recordings currently on my DVR.  Most have been deleted long ago.

2) Take to Go functionality rarely works.  It says waiting for download and rarely downloads.  It takes several tries to download a program even though I have a strong wifi signal in the house.

3) When i do manage to download programs, I am only allowed to play the most recent one.  For example, if I have downloaded program #1 & #2, when I try to play program #2, only program #1 is played (even though the information says it's program #2)

4) It takes several tries to exit the app.  I have to press the back key several times to cycle back past the live TV feed twice.

5) Why are there two Xfinity apps named nearly the same thing?  I frequently confuse Xfinity TV and Xfinity TV Go because they have very similar names, icons, and functionality.  Is there a plan to combine them?

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV app is unusable

On my tv I cannot close the screen that wants me to choose my user name. I was listening to pandora and wanted to switch to watch tv. I can hear and see the tv but the black screen with user names is in the way. Help!