Community Forum

Xfinity TV app doesn't recognize home network

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity TV app doesn't recognize home network

This is extremely annoying. At home and trying to use my tablet to watch the TV networks like I used to and the app says that I am not on my home network. 

Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV app doesn't recognize home network

Sometimes just rebooting the modem can fix this issue.  Worth a shot.

Expert

Is your X1 box plugged in and on?

Are you signed into Comcast so the app can find your account and varify you meet requirements?
Problem Solver

X1 box doesn't need to be plugged in, nor on to use the Xfinity TV app.  There is NO communication between the X1 box and Xfinity TV app.

Also, you cannot even see anything on the app if you haven't signed in first.

MNtundraRET wrote:
Is your X1 box plugged in and on?

Are you signed into Comcast so the app can find your account and varify you meet requirements?
New Poster

I am signed in to the app. It just doesn't think that I am on my home network. I am currently chatting with an online agent now to try and resolve this.

Here is the solution I found on here for someone else that had the same problem. I just suggested it to the agent.

I managed to resolve this issue with a chat with an agent online. Basically, my issue was that they didn't have the proper MAC address on my account, so for that reason, it wasn't recognizing my Netgear Modem as my home modem, because it didn't match what was listed on my Comcast account. They had the proper model just not the correct MAC address.