Community Forum

Xfinity TV app - connection

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity TV app - connection

I am X1 customer. I have a problem to watch tv from any device ( cell or tablet ). 

I got this msg: not available off in-home Xfinity wifi network.

Comcast X1 technical support are lack of knowledge.  Its a total waste of time to call them.

Somebody help me 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV app - connection

I am having similar issues. Can't believe xfinity would release app with so many issues.
Official Employee

aldave wrote:

I am X1 customer. I have a problem to watch tv from any device ( cell or tablet ). 

I got this msg: not available off in-home Xfinity wifi network.

Comcast X1 technical support are lack of knowledge.  Its a total waste of time to call them.

Somebody help me 

Can you try again?

Official Employee

rene1827 wrote:
I am having similar issues. Can't believe xfinity would release app with so many issues.

The XFINITY TV app is only available for X1 customers, checked your account and you do not have X1 servcie. 

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same X1 app issue. Can't access TV -only DVR -  on iPod, iPhone or PC. Tells me I appear to be not at home but I am connected to the home network. Modem reset and app reinstalls don't help.

Official Employee

mnrpete wrote:

I am having the same X1 app issue. Can't access TV -only DVR -  on iPod, iPhone or PC. Tells me I appear to be not at home but I am connected to the home network. Modem reset and app reinstalls don't help.

can you try now?

Frequent Visitor

Working now. Thanks!!

New Poster

I cant connect to it either just says its available in my area try again
Frequent Visitor

Here we go again. Less then a week later and again I'm getting the same "out of home" message on all of my devices. This is getting ridiculous. What is the problem? For the past month it hasn't worked more than it has worked.

Highlighted
Official Employee

mpayne6801 wrote:

If you are getting the "Good News" message you will need to contact 800-XFINITY to have the cloud codes added to your account.  This will authenticate you in the app.  see screenshots in the link below. 

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/x1-xfinity-tv-app/   

Official Employee

mpayne6801 wrote:

If you are getting the "Good News" message you will need to contact 800-XFINITY to have the cloud codes added to your    account.  This will authenticate you in the app.  see screenshots in this link:  http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/x1-xfinity-tv-app/   

New Poster

Goodbye comcast/xfinity... no apps for xbox 1 or  windows phones!!!