Community Forum

Xfinity TV App SUCKS

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity TV App SUCKS

In keeping with the usual level of comcast services, the Xfinity TV app absolutely sucks. Every time I attempt to view a program, the stream freezes in the middle of the program and it doesn't complete.This app Is worthless. Comcast should test their products or at the very least learn from a good provider like Netflix
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV App SUCKS

are you sure its not a problem with your wireless network.  It works great for me.

New Poster

One nice thing is we can call in at anytime, that way if the situation is not resolved we can try try again. I just got the iPhone 4s and man does it have problems, sure the kinks will get worked out. My new Cisco router has my wi fi all screwed up and the Xfinity app is changing channels and recording on the DVR. I give the phone A quick shake and it changes from list to grid view etc. Coolest app I have used in a year. I gotta email Netfix and cancell my subscriPtion I've been paying for and haven't used in a year as all they had was movies, tv is nice to have. I've had a hard time with installation etc with Xfinity, but I sure hope I can afford the bill tomorrow, blazing Internet and stupid shows to distract me when life gets to me. Sounds like you should reinstall or call. Sure beats that confusing remote.
Silver Problem Solver

but netflix works in 3g and the app only in wireless

Frequent Visitor

I'd really like to see if it sucks. What really sucks is the lack of knowledge by Comcast folks.

Months back I tried to install the Xfinity App and was told I had to wait till digital migration took place in my area. Woke up this morning with obvious service changes and called Comcast to see if the digital migration actually took place--kept getting bounced around (basically dumped and told to call other numbers) after nearly an hour of getting nowhere I took my cable box down to local Comcast office. Migration took place BUT they have no compatible boxes in this market (they had no clue what xfinity app was--I showed them on iphone)..I then asked via comcast online chat and was told--YES, my new Cisco box is NOW compatible. Downloaded the App, doesn't recognize the box.

Who do you even ask when the people responding don't have a clue?

Doesn't it make sense to notify customers BEFORE a migration so they aren't deluged with phone calls when non box TVs dump channels?

Also--Why are there numerous NBC channels on the non box TVs but Fox is conveniently missing/ Could it be that NBC parent company is Commie Cast??

New Poster

I'm spoiled with my iPhone where the interface is so intuitive it practically thinks for you. I can't even scroll through the channels without getting some obscure channel's schedule at which point I have start all over again. If I ever do get to the channel I want I have to convert the time zones in my head. Shall I continue? This app just plain sucks!!!
New Poster

Is it that hard to put a scroll bar on the window? And why do the pics take up so much of the screen that we can't read the name of the show?? Ridiculous...
Frequent Visitor

I love the tv app (currently hate the email app though).  It has all of the back seasons to most if not all HBO series.  I hook my ipad2 up to my tv using hdmi and the quality on my TV looks great.  It is like having all of the HBO series and season On Demand at once.  I get occasional drop in quality but it never has totaly frozen for me before.  That really may be dependant on the quality of your wireless network.  I also love using the app to access my DVR though my phone.  I have never missed a recording using it.

Silver Problem Solver

the app works great on the iphone you just dont have it set up right.  The reason your time is wrong is because in your account on comcast.com you dont have your zipcode set correctly.  Most of this sounds like user error.   as I state and the last poster states no problems, and we all have the same phone and app.

Silver Problem Solver

Flybuddy wrote:

I'd really like to see if it sucks. What really sucks is the lack of knowledge by Comcast folks.

Months back I tried to install the Xfinity App and was told I had to wait till digital migration took place in my area. Woke up this morning with obvious service changes and called Comcast to see if the digital migration actually took place--kept getting bounced around (basically dumped and told to call other numbers) after nearly an hour of getting nowhere I took my cable box down to local Comcast office. Migration took place BUT they have no compatible boxes in this market (they had no clue what xfinity app was--I showed them on iphone)..I then asked via comcast online chat and was told--YES, my new Cisco box is NOW compatible. Downloaded the App, doesn't recognize the box.

Who do you even ask when the people responding don't have a clue?

Doesn't it make sense to notify customers BEFORE a migration so they aren't deluged with phone calls when non box TVs dump channels?

Also--Why are there numerous NBC channels on the non box TVs but Fox is conveniently missing/ Could it be that NBC parent company is Commie Cast??

cisco and scientific atlanta boxes are not compatible on motorola and pace.  It has nothing to do with the digital migration.,

New Poster

i had to change the time zone on my phone to get the right channel lineup

New Poster

FIX IT IT SUCKS takes  tooooooooooooooooo longggggggggggggggggg to load ..................................................and only shows 1 hour of guide

New Poster

My internet is very strong because other things I do on my phone work, but when I want to watch a show on Xfinity go app the commercials stop and go, stop and go, stop and go so I just end up getting too frustrated to enjoy a show I wanted to watch. My wireless network is really good, so I don't know why this happens. =)

New Poster

OMG the app sucks so bad.