Community Forum

Xfinity Screensaver - Hide Sports info?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity Screensaver - Hide Sports info?

I like to record football games and watch them at my leisure, but the screensaver often displays the game results before I start to watch, ruining the experience of watching the game cold. I do like the screensaver feature, but wonder if there is a a way to choose the information that gets displayed. Ideally, viewers would have the option to select/deselect each: sports, weather, news, traffic, other.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Screensaver - Hide Sports info?

jenkins1628 wrote:

I like to record football games and watch them at my leisure, but the screensaver often displays the game results before I start to watch, ruining the experience of watching the game cold. I do like the screensaver feature, but wonder if there is a a way to choose the information that gets displayed. Ideally, viewers would have the option to select/deselect each: sports, weather, news, traffic, other.

There's no customization of the info but you can change the time it takes for the screensaver to kick in.

New Poster

Thank you. Yeah, that's what I figured. Do you know if there is a way to recommend this to Comcast?

New Poster

ComcastAndrew wrote:

jenkins1628 wrote:

There's no customization of the info but you can change the time it takes for the screensaver to kick in.

Well thats poor. We should be able to at least switch the announcements on or off.