Community Forum

Xfinity Programming Pause

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Xfinity Programming Pause

I wanted to submit my rant for the day.  I am so irritated that when I pause a program on Comcast that it only lasts for so long before un-pausing and then I'm not able to pause the program again.  I mean why does the pausing have to end after not so very long?  I mean if I didn't have a need to pause the program in the first place, then I wouldn't.

Out of all the things pertaining to Comcast, this is truly the only thing that I can think of at this time.  I'm watching a program that I'm really into, and then I get a phone call.  The phone call takes longer than expected, yet my program has to un-pause and then I can't stop it again if I wanted to.

Can you please explain the reasoning behind the pause function only working for so long?  To top it off, the length isn't very long at all.

Talk about being frustrated for something pretty stupid. 

Expert

Re: Xfinity Programming Pause

Iavery027 wrote:

I wanted to submit my rant for the day.  I am so irritated that when I pause a program on Comcast that it only lasts for so long before un-pausing and then I'm not able to pause the program again.  I mean why does the pausing have to end after not so very long?  I mean if I didn't have a need to pause the program in the first place, then I wouldn't.

Out of all the things pertaining to Comcast, this is truly the only thing that I can think of at this time.  I'm watching a program that I'm really into, and then I get a phone call.  The phone call takes longer than expected, yet my program has to un-pause and then I can't stop it again if I wanted to.

Can you please explain the reasoning behind the pause function only working for so long?  To top it off, the length isn't very long at all.

Talk about being frustrated for something pretty stupid. 

you did not name the model of set top box you are using that has the pause issue. When paused, is it live TV? watching a recorded program from your DVR? on-demand?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Howdy,

I experience this as well as a new Comcast user, this is the biggest wart on my experience so far.

This happens from both of my devices.

ARRIS MODEL: AX013ANM

Model: CXD01ANI -- (remote box)

Expert

aahigh wrote:

Howdy,

I experience this as well as a new Comcast user, this is the biggest wart on my experience so far.

This happens from both of my devices.

ARRIS MODEL: AX013ANM

Model: CXD01ANI -- (remote box 

would you provide information on what you were doing when you paused? (watching live TV, on-demand, dvr recordings, for example) How long did you pause in minutes? did you see an error?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

I, too, experience and dislike this behaviour on my new motorola mx011an. I use the box mostly for dvr and in-demand, and wish to have and keep silence when I pause, and not have it start playing audio from the last tuned channel only a few minutes after I hit the pause button.
Expert

ErikSchorr wrote:
I, too, experience and dislike this behaviour on my new motorola mx011an. I use the box mostly for dvr and in-demand, and wish to have and keep silence when I pause, and not have it start playing audio from the last tuned channel only a few minutes after I hit the pause button.

on-demand won't pause for very long it just quits and returns you to live TV.