Community Forum

Xfinity Notifications Menu Spontaneously Popping Up

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Notifications Menu Spontaneously Popping Up

Hi @SpeckledBall

I can help investigate this for you. Could you post a screenshot of what you see on your end so I know when to begin troubleshooting? 

Expert

Re: Xfinity Notifications Menu Spontaneously Popping Up

@SpeckledBall wrote:

The notifications menu keeps spontaneously popping up every 10-20 minutes. I turned the TV and cable box off and on but that didn't help. We moved the remote away from us and kept is face up so we wouldn't accidentally hit a button to prompt it but it's still popping up. How can we stop this from happening? 

is there anything 'on' the notification screen when it pops up? do you have another remote you used on that set top box before that is in a drawer or similar?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

Xfinity Notifications Menu Spontaneously Popping Up

The notifications menu keeps spontaneously popping up every 10-20 minutes. I turned the TV and cable box off and on but that didn't help. We moved the remote away from us and kept is face up so we wouldn't accidentally hit a button to prompt it but it's still popping up. How can we stop this from happening?